Mar 13, 2020

It came from the Toy Chest: Everynody was Kung Fu Fighting!

While I'm reviewing the Demogoblin wave, I had to look for info about Shang Chi, because all I knew was: Chinese Martial Artist to exploit the Kung Fu fever of the era. As the son of Fu Manchu, I expect a MASSIVE RETCON for his MCU appearance. basically using a different name that is not Fu Manchu due to a racist connotations of that name.
So basically Shang-Chi is like a super Bruce Lee.

articulation 
Shang-Chi  seems to be using a modified Kane body. That gives him articulations similar to that of Spider-Man. The only thing missing is a peg hole in his bag to use third-party stands in order to pull off flying kicks.
4.5

paint and sculpt 
 the paint is minimal but effective and he has nipples painted on. This is a rarity in action figures. Like I mentioned before this called is mostly reused I think the new pieces are literally his head and ankles.
4.5

accessories 
BAF piece
2 nunchucks
A buttload of hands:
Nunchaku grip pair
Karate chop pair
Fist pair
Kung fu claw pair
Boob grabbing pair... wait that's sexist, other Kung fu claw pair...
The only complaint I have about his accessories is the nunchucks. One set, real chain. That's what we needed.
 5.0
Ken: Don't act like you don't know us, Fei Long!
Shang-Chi: Who?
Ryu: Ken, not all Asians look the same. Don't  be racist towards Quick Kick!
Shang-Chi: What now?
Ken: That's not Quick Kick, that's Liu Kang!!
Ryu: Fuck Liu Kang and all those Mortal Kombat bitches!
Shang-Chi: I'm from Marvel, dammit!

overall
Shang-Chi gets a 4.67 as his final score. For being a character that I don't care about he has been the shining star of this wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment