May 21, 2021

Highlander reboot... shit! My Mom's ghost is so gonna be pissed...

 My Mom LOVED Highlander... except the animated series, the theatrical cut of the second movie, and the third movie was the weakest of them... I know it's bad to speak ill of the dead, but I can never forgive that she actually liked Highlander: The Source... a movie, so bad it was able to KILL the Highlander franchise...

Well, there's a reboot coming and the actor chosen to play Connor MacLeod is an interesting one.

Yes, Henry Cavill, the guy who played Superman under the direction of an incompetent and pretentious fool who doesn't get Superman... now that I got my Snyder sucks message out of the way, Cavill as Connor MacLeod is a pretty good match. We already know that Cavill is a talented actor that can pull off the gravitas required to play Connor. I also referenced The Witcher ask one of Henry Cavill's most popular roles, we know he can handle a sword.

I honestly think he is quite capable of pulling this off and restarting the Highlander Universe might be a good thing especially the original Universe had a really shaky continuity. And as much as this may cause my mom's ghost to become extremely pissed at me, I hope that this Highlander reboot do not reach the point of requiring a reboot of the Highlander TV series. Not because the series is something sacred that shouldn't be rebooted, bus for the reason that the series was the cause of the death of the movie franchise. This is extremely obvious in the fourth Highlander movie, Highlander endgame we're Connor MacLeod gives his life to Duncan MacLeod. So, sorry Mom, we don't need Duncan MacLeod to fuck things up again.

Now the queshtion ish who shall play Juan Shanchezh Villalobosh Ramirezh...

No comments:

Post a Comment