May 12, 2021

We're getting Cobra Kai Toys...

 The only problem is that they're two packs in a crossover line...
With TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!!!

I know what you're thinking:

"Nefty: You love Cobra Kai. You love Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. This is the next Reese's Peanut Butter Cups mash-up after X-men vs Street Fighter. What's not to love?"

Playmates is making the toys...

"Ah, now I can see your disappointment."

Yes, Playmates is making Cobra Kai vs TMNT 2 packs. They're gonna be roughly $50 each. No images yet, no idea on scale. But if each figure is $25 approx. then I should expect them to be at least as articulated as their Lucha Libre USA line. We're getting Turtles... guessing reuse from the last super articulated turtles that Playmates released. I'm honestly hoping for Brand new figures. Hopefully these will look GOOD ENOUGH... to pique my interest and hopefully we can get Sam, Tory, Hawk, Robbie, etc. Since these are two packs it would be nice to see a new Splinter, a new Casey, a new April,  a new Shredder, a new Rocksteady, and a new Bebop.


I'm also curious about the stylistic choices for this toy line. Will they go for a realistic Style or are they going to be using a cartoony Style? Personally I'm looking for something that's neither photorealistic Nor too cartoony. Something like the videogame, perhaps?

Part of me wishes we could get a Miyagi's ghost... with the magic shrine from the old Karate Kid cartoon... 

Sadly, since it's Playmates, my expectations are low.

No comments:

Post a Comment