May 14, 2021

Odds and ends May 14 2021: Army builders, soda, and other stuff...

 Oh no! The world is ending! I'm agreeing with the Snyderites on something!! Recently there have been news about Warner Brothers wanting to make a movie with a black Superman. A Calvin Ellis story can co-exist with Clark Kent... but dropping this news on Henry Cavill's birthday is a MASSIVE DICK MOVE! Snyderites are obviously pissed. I agree with them on this.  While, I'd rather have Cavill focus on Geralt instead of Kal-El, this was a dick move on WB's part. I get that they're trying to send the message of "Fuck you, Zack Snyder and your terrorist troll army" but on Henry Cavill's birthday!? In the hands of a competent director, Cavill has shown to be a decent Superman... (yes, while Joss Whedon, the person is a shitty person, he is pretty competent as a director, and has a better understanding of Superman on his left pinky than Snyder, Terrio, and Goyer combined. Just as I can praise Chris Benoit's wrestling skill while disapproving his murderous actions, I'm doing the same with Whedon.) I just hope that they make the right choice of not race swapping Clark Kent... especially since there is enough potential for Cavill's Clark Kent/ Superman.

At work, they gave me an aluminum and a glass bottle of Coca-Cola. Paired with the plastic bottle I brought for my lunch break, I have 3 bottles of coke. Due to some workplace restrictions, I can't take pics on-site, but here's  a sample stock pic of the three types of bottles.

Glass, Plastic, and Aluminum. 32oz. Stacy but harmful soda. So, I'm going to do a taste test. Plastic being the control, since that's usually the kind of Coke I get from the vending machine near work. This is the taste I'm more familiar with.

They used to have one with Cans, but I drank too many sodas like Hazuki...

 I will be having a bit of plain bread and a swig of water to cleanse the palate. The water I will be using is evian, because it does not have an aftertaste... and I was unable to find volvic... which IMO is the best bottled water I've ever had. Absolutely Refreshing with no aftertaste. Evian comes in a close second place. 

Plastic:
The soda has a slight aftertaste. A bit tangier than Pepsi, but with something else. It feels a bit "odd". It's possible that this soda was kind of flat which is weird since all three bottles we're Factory sealed before I opened them.

Aluminum:
Super small aftertaste. Felt a bit more sickeningly sweeter with a slight metallic flavor... kinda like how blood has that metallic aftertaste. This is a bit weird since I know that aluminum cans and bottles for this type of drinks have a lacquer type of layer between the product and the can so the acids in the soul that do not corrode the can and so they can cannot pass on any metallic flavors to the drink.
On the other hand it was a bit more fizzy than plastic one. The aftertaste, while there, it wasn't  as strong as in the plastic bottle.

Glass
The cleanest Taste of the three it was slightly less fizzy than the aluminum. It had the more balanced flavors between sweet and tart.

All three sodas claimed to be original taste. And all three came from the same plant (CCPRB). I mention this because the coke bottled in the United States doesn't taste the same as Coke bottled in Mexico or in Puerto Rico... but there might be a flaw on this experiment.

I drank straight from the bottles and it's possible that my tongue may have touched the containers. And by seeing and toiching the containers, I may have subconsciously created some bias and based some of the results on those preconceptions. A more correct taste test would require pouring samples on shot glasses, made of glass, because glass naturally has a no aftertaste... now for my results:

Best flavor:
Glass followed by Aluminum, then Plastic.
While Aluminum was the fizziest of all 3, the slight sweet and metallic aftertastes robbed it of first place. Plastic was the worst of all three, mostly because it was slightly flat... 

While my test wasn't scientific or professional, it seems that the conclusions I reached are similar to those from similar experiments made professionally and truly following the scientific method. I'm not trying to boost the credibility of my process, since I admit it was flawed. I'm not trying to discredit the more professionally made tests either. 
Remember Yesterday's news about Super7 re-releasing the TMNT? Well, BigBadToystore is latching unto that announcement and promoting the first 4 waves of TMNT... apparently they are getting stock of waves 1-4 in "q4 2021"... if you need some past characters, that's your chance... I pre-ordered a single Foot Soldier, making my total of 4 foot soldiers... which in my opinion should be the bare minimum of foot soldiers to own. Because or Turtles for foot soldiers then you've got Shredder, Krang, and their henchmen. That's kind of similar to why I ended up with 10 Horde Troopers. Villains should always have impressive armies for the heroes to fight... just ask Star Wars collectors they have hundreds of Stormtroopers, which makes sense. 

I think I know what you're going to say next:

"Nefty, just get to the part where you suggest a Foot Soldier variant that should be close to evergreen..."

Nefty, just get to the part where you suggest a Foot Soldier variant that should be close to evergreen... Nani!!

Yes, I am going to suggest a footsoldier valiant with that should be near Evergreen. To make it different from the normal food sold your disguise would come with less weapons but more different accessories. These accessories would be Battle damaged head and arms that can be interchangeable with the normal head and arms. Since you most likely already have more than one normal Foot Soldier, you could use spare weapons from there to arm up the battle damaged ones.  The inspiration for this is the Mutating Foot Soldier. The IDS for this special foot soldier to be re-released every now and then so people can get a couple every time they pop up and build an army. At $55 per figure is a bit difficult to buy multiples in one fell swoop. The question is: WHAT is the optimal number of Foot Soldiers? For example, with Roadkill Rodneys the minimum should be 8. (I know that only NECA has made them, sadly theyre attached to a non-army building Triceraton.) For Mousers the minimum should be 20. That gives you 4 per turtle and 4 for Splinter. Or 3 per turtle and 8 for Splinter, since he happens to be a rat.

Ignoring the ridiculously high price tag for the Foot Soldier for a second, the magic number of Foot Soldiers should be somewhere between 8-12. But reality is that at $45-55+ 8-12 Foot Soldiers is improbable.  But the beauty of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is that Foot Soldiers arent the only Army Builders. I don't know where Super7 stands on Rock Soldiers and Roadkill Rodneys, but I KNOW Mousers are doable. If you tell me that I can get 10 Mousers for $55-60, bitch, I'll buy 2-4 sets of Mousers. Having 40 Mousers swarming a character or two would be freaking awesome...
I will always campaign for Army Builders to be made because they are a necessity for loose collecting displays.

No comments:

Post a Comment