May 9, 2021

Doctor Doom: a rant

 We all know Doctor Victor von Doom... Mad Scientist, Sorcerer, Dictator, Megalomaniac, Murderer, and many other titles that make him an awful human being. But, we're missing the point. Doom is all those things for a simple and relatable reason. He loves his Mother too much. He spent his youth Mastering Magic and Science in order to pierce the veil between realms, reach Hell, and challenge Mephisto for his mother's soul. 

Who would do such a thing? Doom would. Would you? Would I? I dunno, you tell me... I know I'm not smart enough or skilled enough to concoct such plan; but if I had the knowledge, or the skills he has, I would. I'd willingly trade my soul for hers if needed. So, I understand and respect Doom's motivation. Deep down, the great genius that rivals Tony Stark, that can go head to head against T'Challa, Banner, Pym, or even that arrogant RICHARDS!! Has a lot in common with me... We're both two little boys who have lost their Mommy and have not gotten over it, despite being adults. The only differences are that he's the super rich emperor of his own country, has one of the greatest minds in the Marvel Universe, is knowledgeable enough in magic to rival The Sorcerer Supreme... but I'm an asshole with a blog...

It's funny to think that a mistake (or sabotage) in an attempt to save his mother's soul, led Victor through a self-destructive path, that led him towards his destiny. To save us all... Doom is too many moves ahead of the rest of us. Yes, he's done despicable things, but it's never senseless. He is hated because he loves us. Doom took the burden of peering through time and space, seen our end through thousands of timelines and reached the conclusion that we need guidance. Peace achieved by his strength. A scary thought that many oppose. Again, understandable. 

Doom is not a nice man, He might be super evil, but one thing is certain: He is the best son a Mother could have... 



No comments:

Post a Comment