May 12, 2021

Diamond Select is doing Cobra Kai too

 Yikes! And I thought the Icon heroes figures were bad... Diamond Select is doing 7 inch figures of Johnny Lawrence, Daniel LaRusso and John Kreese in a supposedly Cobra Kai 3 pack but looks more like a Karate Kid 3 pack.


I know Ralph Macchiato is close to 60, but this figure looks almost 70. At least he doesn't look like Ray Romano but he doesn't look like Ralph Macchiato either. I hope that's a prototype and final figure has the head sitting properly on the neck.


It's weird that this William Zabka figure looks younger than the Icon Heroes figure. While I like the head sculpt I have to say that the body looks crappier than the Icon Heroes version. Look at the amount of detail missing no yellow trim, no fist logo, no flags on the pant leg. It's missing a lot of detail.

Sensei Kreese seems to be made in the same body as Lawrence and LaRusso. Last time I saw this kind of laziness in karatekas was Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. Apparently these will be a limited San Diego Comic-Con exclusive. To be honest they look kind of crap for a a set of three $25 figures. Also I would have preferred that if these are Cobra Kai versions that they all came in civilian clothes.

The saddest part is that this will most likely be better than whatever Playmates will offer in their versus Ninja Turtle two packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment