May 13, 2021

GI JOE CLASSIFIED: a rant

 I honestly don't know how Joe collectors stand this line... especially those outsode the US WITHOUT TARGETS... Major Bludd is hundreds of dollars on eBay... Baroness, let's not talk about her. Can't find Duke, Scarlett, Flint, or Lady Jaye without having to pay an arm and a leg for them... I DID FIND A COBRA COMMANDER online under retail price, which compensated what I overpaid for Pimp Daddy Profit Director Destro at the Last Spec's Music (which operates as a FYE store despite the name...) ever... that seems to be shutting down for good... and lastly a Zartan I saw at a Walgreens... 3 Joe figures and all are bad guys... and you know what? It's bullshit that Baroness and Major Bludd are Target Exclusives. Beachhead too, but I'm not exactly huge on Beachhead. I just wanna have some core Joes and Cobras to play some dodgeball...

The figures are a pain in the ass to find. Supposedly, repainted waves will alleviate those early shortpacked waves... I've only seen two figures in the wild! I swear, every time I enter the toy section those Joe toys start yelling:

But seriously, MOTUO, GI JOE CLASSIFIED, DEFENDERS OF THE EARTH, TMNT, PR Lightning Collection, McFarlane's Batman and some DC losers line, and Marvel Legends have become nearly impossible to find... I know COVID and distribution problems, but damn...

Things like these tend to make me reconsider collecting... but man, these toys are so awesome!!

Update

Found a Scarlett and Mr. BODY MASSAGE at Wal-Mart and they were heavily price dropped from $24 to $17 and change. Bought them faster than you could say PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!
I'll try to get Duke and an additional figure before having them come out the Toy Chest. Originally I was looking for Defenders of the Earth or MOTUO Sores our wrists...

No comments:

Post a Comment