May 18, 2021

I don't want Army of the Dead to fail...

 I know it sounds weird considering my massive dislike of Zack Snyder. But hear me out. I still believe that Snyder is a hack. I still think he's a deplorable human being for exploiting his daughter's death. I think he should be banned from directing any comic book movie that is not Todd McFarlane's Spawn. With that said, I really hope that the army of the Dead does not fail...  sadly things aren't looking good for him. This past weekend the movie didn't even reach the 1 million-dollar mark... when expectations were 1.5-2 Million. If this was a DC movie by Zack Snyder I would be gloating... but I can't. While he's no George Romero, he's... as much as I hate praising Snyder, he's OK at this genre. I wouldn't want him anywhere near a Resident Evil movie, but generic zombie movies and mild horror is a good spot for him.

This is the part where I passive-aggressively praise him. I will mention how is focus on slow mo edginess and violence are advantages instead of weaknesses. Or how his sheltered 13 year old boy maturity or should I say immaturity are beneficial to his style over substance approach. I obviously expect him to massively fail at giving social criticism as most zombie movies do, but he's very likely to deliver balls to the wall crazy zombie-killing action. Also most importantly having him focused on Zombie movies well make him spend less time bitching about what could have being at Warner Brothers on all of the other bullshit that he keeps spewing.
Sorry, had to get that out of the way... but back on topic.  As much as I love to make fun of him, his take on Dawn of the Dead is not a horrible Zack Snyder mess. Many, myself included would argue that James Gunn might have saved us from a Full Snyder... must resist urge to make a Tropic Thunder meme...

I'm well aware that this will sound up horribly weird especially since it's coming from me: 
Zack Snyder is kinda like the next George Lucas... and like George Lucas Zack Snyder needs to surround himself with people who can control and Leash the full Snyder. Both Lucas and Snyder have great ideas but their problem is executing them and telling a coherent story. Like George Lucas before him Zack Snyder is surrounded by yes people and the studio always ends up being the bad guy. I have a part of me that wants this to flop because it would love to see him whine about Netflix being an evil Studio like Warner Brothers... a bigger part of me wants this to be successful enough for him to be busy in other projects that do not involve comic books. 

I honestly don't know if I will watch Army of the Dead, because I don't want to support Zack Snyder in anything but on the other hand I kind of need him to be stuck making zombie movie instead of ruining comic book movies that are not Todd McFarlane's spawn.

The horrible Mortal Kombat reboot made roughly 22 million more and its first weekend then Army of the Dead. Now there's "no evil WB ruining Zack's vision" excuse. Where are the Snyderites and their support of Zack Snyder? Why didn't they make this a hit to prove that WB will lose money without Snyder? It's almost as if the entire Snydercult movement it's a tiny tiny miniscule almost microscopic sample of the movie going public.

The Snyderverse is not going to restore itself he keeps underperforming... if he can't even make a zombie movie series, then he is obviously far less capable than we knew. 

Seriously, I need some toy releases or something that catches my attention that is NOT related to Zack Snyder sucking...

No comments:

Post a Comment