Apr 17, 2020

Odds and ends April 17-18 2020: People died while I played FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE...

I kinda have been out of the loop due to trying to get FFVIIR out of the way. Now I just found out that Brian Dennehy passed away. He passed away due to natural causes. As always, my condolences to the family and friends. Mom would have mentioned Coccoon as a reference right about now. I could be a hipster and mention the Jack Reed TV movies, but I'm not gonna play that game. He was Django in Ratatouille... Remy's dad who wanted Remy to behave like an actual rat and eat crap.

 Come on! You knew this was coming. If I didn't mention his role as the sheriff in First Blood I would have to hand over my cinephile card. Hell, my brain went and played this for me as I read the news of his passing.


Then I got hit with another death:
The Original Leon Kennedy's English VA Paul Haddad passed away due to health complications. IIRC, he had a type of cancer. Yet again, my condolences to the family and friends. I'm not 100%  sure if the cancer diagnosis had something to do with him not reprising the role of Leon in future installments...

And to complete the Dead People Trifecta, Keiji Fujiwara, the Japanese voice of Maes Hughes from Full Metal Alchemist has passed away due to cancer. I'm like Damn! That's 3 pop culture related deaths in a row... Once again, my condolences to the family and friends.


He was the Japanese Reno AND Axel from Kingdom hearts... No, he wasn't Raiden, but he was Both Sigint and Drebin in MGS3 and 4 respectively. He also was the Japanese dub voice for Tony Stark.

I know, I said that I wasn't supposed to do anything FFVIIR related, but it's not entirely my fault that he PLAYED RENO... I only knew him as Highes Japanese voice...

No comments:

Post a Comment