Apr 1, 2020

Final Fantasy VII Remake is literally LESS than 4 hours of the Original PS1 game.

I got a port of the original for the Nintendo switch as a Backup backup plan in case I wasn't able to get a copy of the remake. I began playing the original game yesterday. My first break was roughly around an hour of gameplay which was just a bit after the Sector 5 reactor. the next break was roughly an hour afterwards which put me I bet before the fall of sector 7's plate. Then I played all the way through until I reached the world map. By the time I reached the world map I had played 3 hours and 58 minutes.

We must take into consideration that I did the full Miss Cloud Quest in order to get Cloud to be the chosen one. I also stuck around in the train graveyard to get the Striking staff for Aerith and attempted to get the hearted from the Shinra building. I attempted and failed because I forgot I had to grind for it before JENOVA got free. I spent 15 minutes grinding for it after the event when I realized that I had to do it before and I wasn't going to restart for my previous save. So if I hadn't done the Mist Cloud quest to get the best ending. Spent half-an-hour grinding for Aerith's striking staff and Cloud's Hardedge I could have possibly ended the game in roughly 3 hours and a half.

I bring this up because I used to say that it was like 6 or 7 hours and all I did was a normal playthrough not not even speedrunning just laying normally and the grinding for better equipment like I would do in a normal playthrough.

Remake will have 1500% of filler... 

I can't emphasize this enough. They couldn't fit the entire game because it "was impossible for them"... but they were able to add 1500% of Filler content.

So, my deepest fear right now is that the reason I bought the game ends up getting lost in all the new filler content that is irrelevant to the TRUE Final Fantasy VII. I hope the rest of the game is as good as the demo... but obviously square-enix hasn't been as good as mid-90s squaresoft... so yeah I'm afraid but 9 more days or less...

No comments:

Post a Comment