Sep 28, 2020

It came from the Toy Chest: I want some 20-somethings pretending to be Teenagers with Attitude!

Ay-yi-yi-yi! I have a Zordon + Alpha 5. Batteries not included from Hasbro. Yes I'm going to bitch and moan about the lack of batteries on Zordon. I have to buy three AAA batteries, which as we all know, it's impossible to get. You can get a two pack, 4 pack, an 8-pack but never a three pack. That means a single AAA Battery tumbling around in a drawer. Lost, forgotten... I guess I lost my way, so let's get back on track!

Zordon, a warrior of peace from Eltar was forced to stop Rita Repulsa, an underling of Lord Zedd from conquering Earth. While he managed to trap Rita in a space dumpster, he ended up trapped between dimensions and is able to communicate with others through a light tube. Alpha 5 is Zordon's assistant robot, created by the grandfather of a Kamen Rider to aid Zordon. Alpha aids Zordon, who guides the Power Rangers in their fight against evil.

Articulation
I'm actually surprised at the level of articulation that Alpha has. He is almost as articulated as a ranger figure. He can pull off most of Alpha 5 poses and some action poses that wouldn't make sense for him. Zordon is basically a prop. He has no articulation.
4.0

Paint and sculpt
For a mass produced children's toy pretending to be an adult collectible, Alpha's paint and sculpt are accurate enough. The Gold's are a bit too mustard yellow to be accurate but then again Goldar was pretty much yellow.
I'm a bit iffy on Zordon because he doesn't look accurate enough.
4.0

Accessories 
Is Zordon a character or a glorified accessory?  Alpha has a teddy bear that kind of looks like a teddy bear with Alpha five's head. And I'm going to count Zordon as an accessory since he does nothing other than light up and is a glorified diorama piece. Speaking of diorama they could have come with something more like say a cardboard version of the command center console and maybe the viewing globe, because as it is Alpha's kind of useless without it.
4.0

Overall
Alpha and Zordon get a 4.0 as their final score. I think we should have paid more just to get the command center console and viewing globe.
 
I suggested the console because that would be the hardest thing to make. You know it would be neat to have  the command center. Because let's be honest I don't think Hasbro is going to make a command center playset... mostly because the other heroes are going to start to demand their own Command Center.


No comments:

Post a Comment