Sep 20, 2020

It came from the Toy Chest: Man-Child Lord of the Cosmic Felines...

Matty Lion-O: "Whiskers! I'm  getting replaced!"
S7 Lion-O (muffled):"Jaga! Ja-ha-ha-ha-ga! Jaaagaaa!
ooh! That's a new one!"
Matty Lion-O: "Why does the new me sounds like the
stupid older brother from Boy Meets World?"
Thundercats Wave 1 is finally here. I'm starting the Thundercats special with Lion-O, Lord of the Thundercats.
As the title says, Lion-O is a Man-Child... as in a child trapped in a man's body. He was chosen to be the Leader of Thundercats, the last members of the Thunderian race. Lost in an alien world after the destruction of their world,  Lion-O will lead the Thundercats to a new golden age in this new world.
S7 Lion-O: Read this, it's me Manifesto...
Matty Lion-O: Just who in the samoflange do you think you are!?
S7: My name is Plays with Snarfses...

Articulation
Lion-O is virtually the same figure as his Mattycollector counterpart. If I were lazy, I would repeat the review and say: he comes with new stuff like the book of Pmens, an extra head, etc. In the articulation Department this figure is virtually the same as the Mattycollector one. And just like the Matty collector one we never got the updated Hands to Hold The Sword of Omens Aloft. Once again we cannot recreate the iconic thunder thunder thunder Thundercats ho!!!! poses.
4.5
Batman: I'm Batman!
S7 Lion-O: That's my name now, Old Man!

Paint and sculpt 
Super 7 horribly dropped the ball here. The paintwork is inferior to Mattel's. For some reason his skin looks grayish compared to the Mattel figure. I have to say on the other hand that the cat Insignia on his belt looks better on the Super 7 figure. The second head is supposed to be an angry Lion-O face, but it looks like he's taking a massive shit and a hemorrhoid just got burst kind of face. I'm liking that head for all the wrong reasons.
4.0
Matty Lion-O: Wait, you can take out the sword!?
S7 Lion-O: Wait, you can't!?

Accessories
Here Super7 out does Mattel.
2 swords of Omens: (asleep and awake)
4 extra hands. ( I think those hands were supposed to be two hands with a horizontal hinge and two hands with a vertical hinge but something got Lost in Translation and all four hands have horizontal hinges)
4 claw Shields (2 furry and 2 smooth)
 hemorrhoid bursting head
 the book of Omens

I must point out that smooth claw Shield that can rest on Lion-O's hip can be displayed WITH OR WITHOUT the Sword of Omens. THIS FEATURE ALONE makes the Super7 figure superior.
5.0
Snarf: Why are there two Lion-Os, Schnaaarf!
S7 Lion-O: I wonder what a shaved Snarf would look like...
Mattel Lion-O: I wonder what Cheetara would look like if she shaved...
S7 Lion-O: You're into Cheetara? I'm more of a Pumyra guy...
Matty Lion-O: Actually, I'm into Wilykit, but this body makes my attraction weird... She's 3 years older than I Am!!

Overall
Lion-O gets a  4.5 as his final score. While theoretically he's supposed to be a smidge worse than the Mattel version, his accessories are the only saving grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment