Sep 21, 2020

Microsoft bought Bethesda...

It makes sense for Microsoft to get some key players to become XBOX exclusive. Bethesda has some popular IPs that Microsoft would benefit from owning. This also means that after Doom Eternal, I won't be able to play any more Nu-Doom. Even though Phil Spencer claims that current deals will be honored. Future games AFTER the current deals end are 99.5% likely to become XBOX exclusive.

I'm not affected by this deal other than Doom. So once again, Xbox caters to interest that aren't mine. Microsoft's main IPs (Halo, Forza, Gears of War) aren't games that appeal to me. Them getting Bethesda, does nothing to me.
If I had bothered to play The Elder Scrolls, MAYBE, this move would've hurt me. To this day and age I still haven't fully bothered to play Skyrim. Hell, even buying new Doom what's a bit of a fad for me; trying to relive high school all over again. I mean, I still haven't bought Doom Eternal yet. I've had a few chances, it's at a slightly lower price... I've heard that one of things. Jones for the backgrounds in Doom Eternal was literally Masters of the Universe the toy line... even with a He-Man connection I still haven't bought Doom eternal.

In any case the best of luck to Bethesda and Microsoft.

No comments:

Post a Comment