Sep 12, 2020

It came from the Toy Chest: Ripped off, I was?

I went to Wal-Mart yesterday to buy some clothes. I came out with a $12 Figure:
It's, The Child, or Baby Yoda as he's colloquially known.
The breakout character from Disney+'s The Mandalorian.
What started as a MacGuffin on the first season of the Mandalorian quickly became the most endearing character of the series.
 take Yoda turn him into a baby and then make him a million times cuter... that's the child in a nutshell
Nefty: Part of me wants to call him Ike.

Articulation
Would you believe that the child is decently articulated. For I figured that size I barely expected head and  arm articulation.
The child has a pseudo ball joint on the head shoulders wrists and feet.
Sadly the arms pop out quite easily. For what I expected to be a chunk of plastic, the little guy can move.
4.5
Nefty: Look at it's widdle toes!

Paint and sculpt 
It looks like the child but incredibly tiny. Only the head has some shading, everything else is molded in appropriate colors.
4.5
Nefty: Nope, not feeling the "Paternal instincts" at all!

Accessories
Hospital knows you're going to lose these. That's why they went japanese Collector Style and put them in a Nice Little Clear case.
He has:
Mando's knob
Bone broth cup
Frog
The Child has found a frog.
Don't lick them!
The Child has found a Bowl of Bone Broth!


The Child has found Mando's knob!
I would make a joke about polishing it, but
FBI!!

You can display them in a Link just found an item pose. Other than that they're completely useless.
Here is where alternate arms would have been a much better thing.
Picture a set of arms for holding the cup, a set of arms holding a half eaten Frog, Anna maybe alternate head with the eyes closed for the using the force poses.
3.5
Nants igonyama bagithi baba and all that 

Overall
I can't believe that The Child got a 4.17 as his final score.  I got to be honest things are a bit more expensive in Puerto Rico. the $12 I paid feel like a  rip-off.  Heck! Even the Mainland US $10 price feels like a rip-off. On the other hand it's good that it got a single release because that means I can get multiples and hide them at props four other displays. Everybody gets a stuffed toy of the child without having to buy an additional Mandalorian.

No comments:

Post a Comment