Sep 28, 2020

It came from the Toy Chest: Peter Parker, Peter Parker, does whatever a Peter can

He's a nerd, big surprise. He likes science as much as math. Look out here comes Peter Parker...
Finally I got a retro wave Peter Parker and by finally I mean that the package finally arrived since I pre-ordered him a long time ago. Peter Parker is the nerdy and neurotic Alter Ego of The Amazing Spider-Man. Raised by his uncle and Aunt, Peter learned that with great power comes great responsibility. This lesson was learned the hard way after he lost his uncle to a burglar. Now, usong his amazing Spider powers for good, Peter Parker is the Sensational Spider-Man. He's also an expert on selfies, since he sells those to J. Jonah Jameson.
JJJ: Parker! I need pictures of Spider-man!
Peter: (thoughts) Blah blah blah Menace,
Blah blah blah pictures, blah blah blah,
My son the Astronaut...
JJJ: Parker!
Peter: Yes, Mr. Jameson?
JJJ: Move your ass and get me pictures of...

Articulation:
Pete can almost pull the main 3 poses I test all Spidey figures. Sadly, Almost isn't good enough for me. The Stan Lee body while scrawny enough to pass off as a civilian Peter Parker it's not possible enough despite having the correct articulation points.
3.5
JJJ:... that wall-crawling menace!
Peter: (thoughts) Spider-sense tingling!
Peter: Mr. Jameson, sir...

Paint and sculpt 
Despite being slightly too scrawny than I would like to have on a Spider-man figure, he looks the part of Peter Parker. I just wish the Peter Parker had didn't have the Ditko glasses.  I tore mine straight out of the package. Funny thing is that he looks older than the previous Parker had we got from the Mary Jane 2 pack.  Paintwise he it's not that bad.
4.0
Peter: Get down!
JJJ: Parker, what the Hell!?
DOOM: J. JONAH JAMESON! HOW DARE YOU
PRAISE REED RICHARDS IN YOUR NEWSPAPER
AND NOT MENTION THE SUPERIOR INTELECT OF
DOCTOR DOOM!?

Accessories
Strapless Camera
Spider-sense head

If I find my bag of old toys stuff and happened to stumble and the Toby man camera I'm going to be giving that to this Peter Parker. I honestly hate that the camera is strapless. I also dislike that he didn't come with additional hands. At least a pair of wall crawling hands would've been nice.
2.5
DOOM: WHO DARES- MMMFMH!
Spidey: Hadoken! Why can't you
be a Karen via phone, like a normal person, Doc...
Now Hitlerstache is gonna make an editorial, where I'm
in CAHOOTS! with Doctor Doom. Do you have any idea how hard is to
fix my reputation whenever one of you megalomaniacs attack New York!? Last week, Jolly Jonah wrote that I made the Thanoscopter!
Overall:
Parker gets a 3.33 as his final score. I honestly blame the lack of accessories more than anything. I know that retrowave figures can be a bit light on accessories but Peter needed more in order to be 20% cooler. I'm still going to mod my second one into a Ben Reilly and screw the Dikto era glasses. They only work on high school nerdy Peter Parker with the vest and tie look.
This Peter is much too cool looking to be the geeky Peter from The Lee-Ditko era.  He easily could have been a Peter from late Romita Sr. era. Or we could have got in the actual nerdy Peter from the Lee-Ditko era.
Peter: Say Cheese!!
Gwen and MJ: Cheese!
Peter: (thoughts) I hope this will help Harry feel a bit more cheered up.
Gwen: (Thoughts) How should I tell Peter that I had a one night stand with Mr. Osborn...
MJ: (thoughts) I can't believe Gwen cheated on Parker for Mr. Osborn.
Is she into DILFs? Does she even know that Peter Parker is Spider-Man?
I hope his penis doesn't work like a spider's...

No comments:

Post a Comment