Sep 30, 2020

it came from the toy chest oranges Teela

This is as close as I'll ever get to a vintage Teela. I like all my previous Teela she was a mail-order Teela.
Teela: clone of the goddess/sorceress, created by Skeletor, so in a way that means he's her daddy. He wants to marry her in order to inherit Grayskull or something.
At least filmation eliminated the creepiness of her origin.
He-Man: By the Goddess, Nefty bought a Teela!?

Nefty (VO): A Mail Order Teela!

Teela: Tako pohoten, ljubim te že dolgo
Make Eternia Grate Again...

He-Man: Did you just make a Trump Joke? That's not
going to end well.

Nefty (VO): I'm not mocking his policies. I'm just pointing
out the Similarities between him and you.
You both have fake orange tans, weird blonde hair, and mail order brides... I tossed the MEGA, referemce because the average House of Rants reader doesn't read Google translated Slovenian.

He-Man: Did you just call me Donald Trump?

Nefty (VO): I hate you... so freaking much... You just want to brong on the flamers.

Articulation
For the sake of fairness I will try to remain as impartial as possible but articulation is one of the things that this figure does pretty good. I may hate the idea, I may hate the way some things are executed, but this figure has a decent range of articulation. I cannot deny that. It has less articulation then I Classics figure but more than a 200X.
Think 200X with elbow, knee, ankle, and wrist hinge articulation. Unlike Classics she does not have less articulation than her male counterparts.
3.5
Skeletor: Teela, Marry me! Leave this
Douchecanoe!
Teela: Poroči se s svetlolaskim klovnom ali se poroči z moškim z modrimi kroglicami?
He-Man: Nefty, I'd suggest you stop it...
Nefty (VO):Wait, are you mad about the silly hair comparison?
He-Man: ... yes...

Paint and sculpt 
Unlike my previous two figures I actually like this Origins head. She doesn't look like a toddler in an adult body like the Vintage figure. At the same time she doesn't look like a hard-ass like say her Classics figure. I wish the mustard yellow parts of her armor were actually painted gold. Sadly, the only sour point on her is the knees. They are fugly.
4.5
Teela: Are you Threatening Me!?
He-Man: Really, Nefty? You made her Beavis now.
Skeletor: I'd still tap that even if she's my daughter!!
He-Man: Is this an Alabama joke, a Trump  joke or what?
Nefty (VO): I just take the pics and let my imagination run wild!
When making these storylines, no one is at the wheel when the bus is driving.

Accessories 
Staff of Ka
Shield
Snake armor
I kind of feel like she needed an additional weapon in this case a sword. She feels a bit Bare Bones with just the staff and  Shield. I understand that the Vintage figure came only with the sword and shield but it's 2020.
3.0
He-Man: This is MADNESS!!  Oh no...
You're not going to do it, are you?
Teela:Norost? To je Sparta.
Skeletor: Right in the Meteorbs!

Overall
Teela gets a 3.67 as her final score. Out of all the Origins figures, she's the better looking of the bunch... knees aside. I have to mention that there is a common issue of her arms falling off. Mine does not have that isssue, BUT IT IS an issie with the female figures... so far Teela and Evil Lyn.
It made me a bit teary eye to finally have a "vintage sized" Teela.

He-Man: My Hero...
Teela: Utihni in me poljubi!
He-Man: I have no idea what you said
but it makes me... MOIST!
Skeletor: Neitlich, take me with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment