Sep 19, 2020

It came from the Toy Chest: Big Sexy Shredder

Kevin Nash is Super Shredder. What is a Super Shredder? It's a bigger badder and spikier version of Shredder.

Articulation:
He has Standard NECA TMNT human character articulation, but on a larger size. One tiny nitpic is that his double jointed elbows bend partially halfway through the forearm. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.
Sadly on my figured there are a couple of joints Frozen so I'm not going to risk it since we know that NECA has some issues with figures breaking at the joints. Also his shoulder spikes hinder some of his articulation.
4.0

Paint and sculpt 
Super Shredder is very accurate and very inaccurate at the same time. In real life Kevin Nash was wearing a unitard with the shading fainted to make him look more muscular that he was at the time. The figure has the muscles called fitted and painted with a theatrical effect to make him look even more muscular. It looks awesome but it's not screen accurate. Also mine has derpy eyes.
4.0
You're tearing me apart Lisa!!

Accessories 
Extra hands
Ooze canister
Spear
I wish his cape was removable.
4.0

Overall
Super Shredder gets a 4.0 as his final score. For some, who want what the character embodies, will see this score as an insult. For some who wanted 100% screen accuracy will see this score as insulting.  I like him, but I don't love him.
I can't quite put my finger on why.
Guess that NECA will have to do a new Super Shredder for the videogame line. If Super7 does one, I hope is close in size to this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment