Apr 8, 2021

It came from the Toy Chest: Terrestrial Carcharodon

 Or as it is commonly known: Landshark.

The Landshark is a terrestrial vehicle for the Evil Warriors and my favorite Evil Vehicle. I love it for a single reason.

The Chomping action is why I love it. Now it's no secret that I bought these vehicle to use with Masters of the Universe Classics figures and not the origins figures. Does it fit Classics? Let's see!

The Landshark is larger than its vintage counterpart. It almost feels like it was made this way in order to also fit Masters of the Universe Classics figures. But for those of you who have a sky sled with Prince Adam from Origins already figured out that Classics figures are a smidge too big to fit on the skysled.
The same thing happens here with the land shark. 
As you can see, Nefty-kun 2.0 or 3.0 can fit in the Landshark if I put him in an unnatural position. It would be passable if it wasn't for the crappy "prop guns" that the Landshark has... or that the handles to drive the Landshark are too far away for a MOTUC figure to use.

I know what you're thinking: "Nefty these are for Origins figures and not classics".

Well, let's get some Oranges then!
In order for Skeletor to hold onto one of the handles he has enough space in the back that I could put an evil in figure behind him. Funny thing is that this vehicle is designed for Origins figures, but there seems to be very little legroom for them. 

Honestly I have no idea how Ruben Martinez still has his job at Mattel. It works badly with classics it works badly with Origins... at least he didn't fuck up the chomping action.

If you've noticed that I'm not giving this story the traditional numerical rating is because I can't even. It fails as an Origins vehicle, its intended purpose, it fails as a Classics vehicle, even if it's closer to MOTUC scale than Origins... it also fails as a display piece because of cost-cutting measures. Had it been slightly better, meaning, complete guns, better legroom, and a bit more detail to sculpt I would have bought three. One for Origins. One for MOTUC. One to repaint with a bitchin' Guy Fieri inspired flames for NEFTY-KUN... but now I have a Landshark that Can't even display with neither Origins nor classics

No comments:

Post a Comment