Apr 10, 2021

TLOU Remake for PS5!?

 I'm a bit pessimistic about this possible remake. A small studio got screwed over by SONY and They're remaking TLOU... which I just happened to receive the PS4 port as a belated birthday present. 

This worries me for a single reason: Neil Druckmann.




He now has an excuse to "tweak the original game's story and put it more in line with the character assassination that was TLOU2". I don't trust Druckmann to stick to the original story. For some reason, I suspect that Joel will be made more villainous for the sake of #2's narrative. I wouldn't put it past him to have us play a side chapter/DLC story regarding Abby's past tragedy and the beginnings of her revenge against Joel quest.

The only "positive" I can think of is updated gameplay mechanics and maybe expanded maps and additional chapters to pad out the game a la FFVIIR. My issues mainly stem from Druckmann being the sole person at the director's chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment