Apr 10, 2021

It came from the Toy Chest: oranges She-Ra

 

Adam: Oh come on!!
How can SHE get a
single card release, but
I'm stuck with a Sky Sled!

 
Adora, He-Man's twin sister, heterosexual and not in love with Catra, defender of the Crystal Castle... I'm aware I just triggered the fans of the bastardization of She-Ra by Noelle Stevenson that love to troll this blog... sadly this will be the only representation of She-Ra in Origins. No Bow, no Glimmer, no Catra, no Swift Wind, etc.
Adora: Why are you using a MOTUC Sword?
Adam: Mine's busted, Okay?
Adora: Look at that, another Thing I do better than you!
Adam: Oh yeah?


And like I said She-Ra is He-Man's twin sister that she's basically female He-Man. 
Adam: By the Power of Grayskull!
Adora: For the Honor of Grayskull!


Articulation 
You've seen Teela and Evil Lyn, so you know what to expect here. The hair can get a little bit in the way at times. Other than that, she behaves Just like Teela or Evil Lyn.

He-Man: I have the Power!!
She-Ra: I am She-Ra!!
He-Man: wait... did you pull off a reverse Clark Kent!?
She-Ra: What!? I'M not the one getting naked as my superhero disguise... couldn't you at least get a tan or something?
He-Man: At least I CHANGE MY CLOTHES!
Like previous females, she gets a 3.5

Paint and sculpt
She-Ra is based on the vintage toy but different. The cloth cape and skirt feel cheaper than the majestic 80s version. The face is where I'm a bit disappointed... commom threas with Origins!! Bazinga! I hate myself for referencing Big bang theory...
She looks like a 13 year old Caucasian girl or a 27 year old pale skinned Asian Woman.

She-Ra: There you go, you big Baby!
He-Man: I'm driving the Landshark!!
She-Ra: Watch where you're going, you doughnut!
He-Man: You think you can do better? Why don't you drive!?
She-Ra: Maybe I will!

I hate the dull yellow passing as gold and her  breastplate is painted wrong... 4.0
Accessories 
Sword and Shield. There isn't much to write about here. Let's face it that's the only things she needs.

She-Ra: I HOPE that's the Power Sword poking my ass...
He-Man: Nope! It's the Sword of Prorection. Sword to Oozinator!! Gnngh! Uhhgnh!
She-Ra: Ewww! Gross! Get your hand off my tit before I chop it off!!
4.5

Overall:
Oranges She-Ra gets a 4.0 as her final score. It's not about score especially for an oranges figure. It's just that these figures are in texts actually the best... This wave and the deluxe figures are having a lot more QC issues than previous waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment