Apr 29, 2021

Odds and ends 4-29-21: Josh Battle Aftermath, Netherrealm rumors, and toys.

 The battle to decide who is the Ultimate Josh has been decided. For the people who have no idea what this event was, here's the explanation:

A guy named Josh challenged all people named Josh to fight on April 24th, 2021 at a random place.
People actually showed up at this place and fought to the end, where one Josh became supreme:
Joshua Vinson Jr. aged 4 became the One Josh to rule them all. Sadly, I don't know if Joshua's Jackson or Josh Peck participated in this battle.

Power-Con released a teaser... prepare your wallets to be raped:
MOTU ORANGES will have some Power-Con presence.

Red Horde Troopers, "Filmation" Hordak (expect a repaint like the crappy Mattycollector Filmation Hordak, thank you Scott, for missing the point of a Filmation Hordak!), Grizzlor of Color, and last but not least, the (in)famous Leo India Faker.
Good thing I'm not into the oranges line otherwise I would be so freaking pissed.

But for some slightly more pleasant toy news, NECA might be doing a Casey Jones 2.0:
The arms on this Casey are different. Then there's the unmasked head that kinda looks like Koteas, but also kinda looks like Chris Meloni

Netherrealm Studios, the guys behind Mortal Kombat and Injustice, are allegedly working on a Marvel Fighting game. Call me skeptical but, I believe this rumor is

Because netherrealm is closely working with Warner Brothers owners of DC Comics, I don't think Disney would allow a company working for their biggest competitors to make a game using their property. Also I'm not exactly a huge fan of Netherrealm's fighting games's style. Since I've played the last three Mortal Kombat game and the two Injustice games, I don't think that their style would fit Marvel. Hell even Capcom lost their touch on how to make a Marvel game.  
I believe that the team behing DB FighterZ might be the better candidates for a Marvel Fighting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment