Apr 9, 2021

It came from the Toy Chest: LEGO wannabe has the power

 




With but I don't like that you must deduce that I'm talking about the Masters of the Universe MEGA Construx. I got a couple of single figures as a belated birthday present, but I thought they would make a lame review. Since the Futurama Mega Construx figures didn't do much for me, I needed to taste the Construx part of MEGA CONSTRUX. Since one of the single figures was Skeletor with Panthor, I needed a Battle Cat and something buildable. Enter the Battle Armor He-Man with Battle Cat vs Merman and Roton. So, Building time...

115 minutes later and 40 Oz. of Jack and Coke later, I'm a bit buzzed... legally unfit to drive, but not impaired to build a Roton. My 39 year old sleep deprived and slightly inebriated fat fingers are too old for this shit, but slimmer 10 year old sober fingers could build this a lot faster than I did.


I have to admit that despite my slightly impaired State at the time of the build it was fun. But at the same time I must I meant that the building block scene isn't for me. So Mega construx Castle Grayskull is highly unlikely for me... Snake Mountain on the other hand I might bite. Pun completely not intended. 

I actually like how the engineers figured out a way to keep the action feature of the Roton intact. On the other hand I dislike that this sets have a lot of pieces that are specifically made to build the intended item. It doesn't allow room for imagination to run wild unlike the more popular competitor blocks.


The figures are okay for their scale they have plenty of detail but one thing that worries me is the removalble bracers on characters like He-Man and Beast Man. I'm afraid I might lose the bracers.



I'm honestly not feeling them. I mean the kind of work ass small display pieces but honestly, they are not for me. Sure they look better than what Lego might have done with them but they just don't do it for me. If you like Masters of the Universe and you like building blocks and stuff you might like these.


The flocking on Panthor, while Nostalgic, is a big no for me. Especially in articulated figures.


But they could work as action figures for my action figures... I'm actually try really hard to find a way to truly like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment