Oct 25, 2023

Further thoughts on Rahzar: another rant

 I did Tokka because I have a GITD Slash coming and his yellowish color reminded me of Toon Tokka... now I must do his hetero life partner, Rahzar. Since Playmates is being a little bitch, Rahzar is very likely to not have his toy weapons. Super7's got a Gentleman's agreement with NECA where they won't try to compete with each other. 

Turtles in Time offers a solution for Rahzar's design... it has a similar but not Playmates accurate pallette. The car grille and shoulderpad elements are silver instead of brass. Personally I'd copy the movie's double loincloth, but making the upper loincloth green like the toy and the lower loincloth light blue as a reference to the toy's "torn shirt". I would also give him the toy torn shirt and the movie chains.

Honestly, it's the accessories where I'm worried... I already suggested the Manhattan Project shield for Tokka and giving Rahzar a round shield would feel redundant.honestly I'll miss his Skull club... or not since NECA kinda has me covered.

I feel like he should get scrapyard themed weaponry. Like a mace made out of a broken car axle and wheel. I want something with chains...

But for other extras, hands are an obvious one, but I want a head, a looking up and howling head.

We have to wait until Super7 shows wave 11, so we know where we're standing... especially with the rumors of alternating 2003 waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment