Oct 15, 2023

Super7 and other TMNT eras: another rant

 Super7 is open to exploring other TMNT eras with 2003, and Guerilla Gorilla has shown they can do other auxiliary media. Karai allows Mirage elements to creep in as well. As long as they don't step too much in NECA's toes, they can do similar stuff.

IF they make other TMNT eras, I want them to use the "Neitlich Classicizer" approach. Let's use 2012's April as an example:
Her proportions aren't compatible with the other ULTIMATES! Figures. A more compatible with Ultimates version of 2012 April would be about Alice size (a smidge taller than alice, but shorter than vintage styled April) and similar proportions for the arms and legs. The torso and crotch would have to be a bit different, since April is 16 and not 10 like Alice. 
The 2012 turtles should be about the same size as the standard turtles. New shells and plastrons, new hands, new lower legs and feet. Obviously new heads looking more 2012-like.

Even Rise of the TMNT stuff would need to lose some of their angular style and they could fit right in. I know this rant has had variations before. But what I'm trying to avoid is having diametrically different TMNT lines.
I like the 2012 Shredder outfit, but not the 2012 art style. I want a 2012 Shredder that can fit with the 1987-inspired Ultimates. I honestly don't see myself rebuying the turtles, shredder, splinter, april, and casey again and again and again... OK maybe the Aprils IF they work stylistically speaking... yes I'm including the rise and Mutant Mayhem Aprils... but they'd be new characters in the Neftyverse... I mean 2003, 2012, Rise, and MM Aprils being other characters. (2003 would be Robyn, April's older sister. 2012, Rise, and MM would be random teens.) 

At $55+ a pop, I just don't see people rebuying vanilla turtles again and again... Personally, I'm more interested in new characters than variants in general. But I may be in the minority. 

I guess we'll find out soon since theoretically speaking Wave 8 should be arriving at the s7 warehouse and begin shipping soon... probably by November Genghis and Space Raph will be hitting BBTS... ouch! 

Wingnut and Zak have been pushed to mid-February... yikes! So between December and April (the month, not O'Neil) we might hear about wave 11. Now we play the waiting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment