Oct 8, 2023

Imagine Saved by the Bell Ultimates from Super7

No, my crush on Kelly Kapowski has nothing to do with this. It's more that it's a "smaller line" for Super7 to tackle. It's basically a 2 wave deal as a minimum. The 6 kids, Mr. Belding and 1 extra slot (could be one of the teachers, Max or James from The Max, or it could be another recurring student)... but the real reason behind it is that I want THIS immortalized in Plastic:
Come on! It's one of the top three Saved by the Bell Moments only topped by Zack and Kelly's wedding, but it barely beats Screech as an alien.

Let's imagine what a Saved by the Bell line would be like:
Eh, let's start with Jessie, since I mentioned her.
Jessie Spano:
She would require soft goods top... because the sweater she's wearing when she's so excited so scared would be too bulky in plastic. Also, I need the sweater removable to put her an alternate top and have her usable in other displays. Since the pants she's wearing on this scene are black, here's the alternate top:
The vest would be plastic and removable her shirt would be hidden by the soft goods sweater and we have Jessie. She'd get 3 heads:
Neutral, alternate expression and the crying head. Standard hands one with a wider c-grip for the pill bottle.
Her accessories would be the aforementioned soft goods sweater, caffein pill bottle, notebooks, textbooks and organizer.

Trash, AKA Zack Morris:
It took me this long to say that Zack Morris is trash...
I'm not going for matching ages outfits, just the ones that pop into my mind when I think of the characters. This is one of the 2 outfits that pop into my head when thinking Zack Morris. The other is "Running Zack" and there's no chance in Hell we get that made as an official figure.
Heads would be Zack with his cocky expression but with the different hairstyles based on Zack throughout the years at Bayside High.
The usual hands. 
For accessories, textbooks, notebooks, his cellphone, the "cardboard" cutout of Kelly Kapowski. (It should be plastic and the Kelly image should be tweaked to have the Action figure joints.)

A.C. Slater:

That's the default look when I think of Slater.
For heads, serious and a smiling head would be enough. Obviously the standard hands
For accessories, a Gymbag, a shoe box with his pet gecko, his Football helmet. Girls of Bayside Calendar. The standard textbooks and notebooks.

Lisa Turtle:
I chose this outfit because it's the least colorful, and "easier to make" in action figure form. For articulation reasons, the skirt has to be soft goods. If For some reason someone were to remove her belt and skirt, underneath it would be revealed that her top is a bodysuit with black short tights.
For heads,  a neutral expression head, and a happy head.
Standard hands.
For accessories:
The usual textbooks and notebooks, special Credit card holding hand, shopping bags.

Samuel Screech Powers:
While not my Iconic idea of Screech, it's the least difficult for Super7 to make.
Screech would have 4 heads:
Neutral Screech, this Screech face
Mustachioed Screech from Screech's Spaghetti sauce, and a Smiley Screech.
The usual hands
For accessories:
Screech's Spaghetti Sauce Erlenmeyer flask, Elvis bust, jar of ants, box of chocolate grasshoppers, the usual bools and notebooks.

Principal Richard Belding:
It's Mr. Belding. There's not much I can say.
I mean he wears a grey suit with a white shirt and a tie.
Heads, I'd  say 3:
Serious, smiling, and full on Belding laugh.
Standard hands, maybe adding a thumbs-up hand.
The accessories are a bit tougher for Mr. B Than I thought. All I can think  of is his ridiculously thick Zack Morris folder, the intercom microphone, and the pencil holder that he hates it when others touch it. Cassette tape because Zack Morris is like the son I never had.

Kelly Kapowski:
Mmmmmmm! To say that I'd simp for her would be an understatement... dammit, making me choose between Classic Glimmer and Kelly Kapowski is a dirty move... but I'm talking Saved by the Bell, so it's Kapowski time!
That's the outfit that comes to mind whenever I think of her. The other is the waitress uniform but I'm avoiding that one because of what I'm thinking... 

For head, Neutral and smiling.
The standard hands
Accessories:
Volleyball, pom poms, notebooks and textbooks, gym bag with her baby brother in it.

I know there's an 8th Spot, but at the moment I can't think of a character to fill it. I'm thinking one of the recurring students... or go full retro all the way to Indiana and give us Miss Bliss!


After the first 2 waves, Alternate versions of "the kids" could be done...
Like Kelly in her waitress outfit, Slater in Football or Wrestling Uniform, Screech as the Bayside Tigers mascot, etc. Instead of belding, add Tori Scott, and the last spot could be Jeff...

BUT there is one more thing I was thinking when I had this bizarre idea.
A Bayside High Diorama:
I saw this LEGO IDEA for Bayside High.


Here's what I do: 
-each set of lockers would have all 
Doors be functional. Preferably spring loaded and would open all the doors by pushing a button or sliding a tab. (Reference to the time Zack tried to sell Lisa's clothes)
-the stairs would lead nowhere.
-Belding's office would have a desk and chair for Mr. Belding to sit at. Also his intercom mic and pencil holder would have a place on the desk. The top drawer of Belding's file cabinet should open and have a removable stand for a Screech head. It should also be able store the Zack file.
-Most of the accessories would be related to Zack's "get rich schemes"
-Personally, I would not add the classroom. The door to it would be there, but I'd have to deal with a teacher's desk, students desks and  Ultimates are not exactly great at sitting.


- The payphone next to the classroom has a "usable handset"
-all doors would be functional.

Tier expansions:
Expansion 1:
-alternate orange lockers from senior year.
-classroom expansion: science lab (as seen on the zit cream episode...) reason is that it's easier to make than a normal classroom.
-Screech dressed as Zack.


Tier 2: 
-Screech dressed as Kelly. (I KNOW this is NIGHTMARE FUEL, but it was one of Screech's top moments and for some reason I find a display of Screeched Zack and Kelly somewhat appealing in a what the fuck did I smoke kind of way)
-Lisa dressed as Jessie.
-set of six student desks.

No I will NOT SUGGEST a Malibu Sands set of waves with the Carosis filling the last two slots. No amount of "Nefty, it would have a Lifeguard Kelly Kapowski." Would convince me... of wanting that pair of waves.
OK I'd rather have that than College Years...

No comments:

Post a Comment