Oct 18, 2023

It came from the Toy Chest: King Grayskull is WHITE!!

 So why is he black? Bullshit, that's why.  I know I'm late to the party, but I got a Revelation Pedro Cerrano loose for dirt cheap and I have a broken Savage He-Man body... all I need is a body to make a Closer to Original King Grayskull. Nothing wrong with Dennis Haysbert and his performance, but I dislike he was race swapped for diversity quota.

KG: Wait aren't you supposed to be grey?
Hordak: Why are you *snort* Black!?
KG: What do you mean? I'm not black!
Hordak: Your tag is showing...

King Grayskull is He-Man's ancestor... by his power Adam has the power. In 200X he was portrayed by

A ninja turtle... well, now he's black and

Yeah... so let's a go!
KG: Adam, I am your Ancestor!!
Adam: HAHAHAHA! But you're BLACK!?
KG: Again with the whole Black thing...
I'm NOT BLACK!


Articulation:
The figure has standard Masterverse Articulation with no visible issues. Everything her is notmal and works as intended.
4.5
He-Man: Two Grayskulls!?
KG: Descendant!!! You are using my Power!!
NetflixKG: No! He's using MY POWER!!
Nefty VO: SHUT UP! Blond Grayskull is D'Vann Grayskull! The non-Blond Grayskull shall be Hon'Norr Grayskull. Both wielding a mighty Sword. You can see where I'm going with this.


Paint and sculpt:
The body is the standard Masterverse body. There is nothing to write home about. The important stuff is on his heads. One neutral and one angry. His face reminds me of a crappy street fighter character.
4.5
DV: So, what now, Brother?
HN: I don't know, Brother...
Hulk Hogan VO: Did somebody say brother, brother?


Accessories:
Alternate head 
Alternate hands
Shield
2 swords
Removable harness with cape.

Oh god, what did they do to the cape! Having a tag almost the size of the whole thing is ridiculous. Other than that it's pretty good.  Aside the cape being FANNNNCYYYYY! There's nothing that makes this a "Deluxe release".
4.5

Overall:
No fancy mathematics are needed for his final score. It's 4.5 and while decent, I just don't care about Revelation's take on the character. So, I'm making my own. He shall become Hon'norr,  King Grayskull's half brother. Each can have one half of the Sword of Power.

Bonus:
I used a Revelation He-Man to make KG and I gave his harness to Hon'Norr.
He-Man: I'm going to be Nefty's default He-Man!!
Adam: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are really funny!

Articulation:
The figure has standard Masterverse Articulation with no visible issues. Everything her is notmal and works as intended. There's not much i can add.
4.5

Paint and sculpt:
While he looks like his cartoon counterpart, his skintone is a bit too yellowish for my tastes. I miss the iron cross.
4.0

Accessories
Extra hands
Sword
Shield
There's not much to write about here. The sword will most likely hit the spare parts baggies... the shield will be NE He-Man's.
4.0

Overall:
This He-Man gets a 4.17 as his final score. For a figure meant to be fodder, he did pretty good. Now I have MY King Grayskull and he now has a brother who is a brother.

No, I won't be doing Hordak now. I only reviewed the He-Man because I was going to turn that figure into King Grayskull. 

No comments:

Post a Comment