Oct 12, 2023

By Wilford Brimley' diabeetus! Dunkaroos are back!

 I didn't expect this! But before I start, let me let Dunkaroos explain itself:


So, Shortbread cookies (formerly graham crackers with cinnamon) and Betty Crocker frosting... can you say Diabetes?


This is the new packaging of Dunkaroos... it's similar to the old one, but not quite. Sadly they didn't have chocolate frosting Dunkaroos! Honestly that would have made my day. Now with Pepsi could bring back Crystal Pepsi, and Keebler would bring back the magic middle cookies, I could die happy. Sadly, AMAZIN' FRUIT will never come back as Hershey sold the brand and the new owners buried it. The current owner is Ferrero... as in nutella, Mon Cheri, and Ferrero Rocher. Basically Chocolate and Hazelnut stuff.

Back to Dunkaroos. As a tween, I WASN'T a fan of the vanilla Dunkaroos! As an afult, I can totally understand my aversion a bit better:

The vanilla frosting looks a bit nasty... Pony Jar levels of nasty... that's why I'm a fan of the chocolate frosting Dunkaroos.

The switch from cinnamon graham crackers to "vanilla" shortbread cookies drastically changes the flavor. This new frosting is too runny and doesn't look, feel, or taste right. 

I'm better off getting Teddy Grahams and Betty Crocker cake frosting and make BootlegAroos.


No comments:

Post a Comment