Dec 20, 2020

Advent calendar ICFtTC 20: Goddamn Wonder Woman

 

The DC Multiverse Dark knight returns trilogy stuff uses MOTUC Compatible figures. We have seen Batman, Armored Batman, and Superman. Now we have Wonder Woman. Originally I bought two Wonder Woman figures one to keep as is and the other to make a custom figure. I opened the one for Customs but forgot to make the custom. The as is was kept in box for eons.
WW: Have you no shame? Taking
Advantage of those girls?
Nefty: Hakuna your Tatas. They were
teaching me some Rasslin' moves.
WW: LIAR!!


Well, no more. She's coming out of the Toy Chest. What can I say about the figure since I didn't care much for the Dark Knight Returns Trilogy outside the first volume... that had no Wonder Woman in it. This is supposed to be an older Diana, but being a Demigoddess, she ages differently than mere Mortals. I hate her stupid bike shorts...
WW: we shall see about that...
Nefty: WAIT! Aren't you supposed to use
Hestia's Lasso?
WW: Mattel made it non-removable. So I'll 
Try something different.
Nefty (thoughts): Remember the Four Wude...
Dan, judge with a clear mind. 
WW: You didn't lose your cool... I believe you.


Articulation 
Her Articulation is very similar to Battleground Teela... but with a DCUC-styled mid thigh cut on her bike shorts.
 The hair hinders some of the head articulation.
4.5
Nefty: So, I basically am the avatar of
a man-child who makes unfunny sketches with us.
WW: Wait, so we ARE TOYS!?
Nefty: Less Indian in the Cupboard, more Toy Story.
WW: Don't you dare make a "You've got a Friend in me" Joke... I just walked right into that one.
Nefty: What? I don't get why you'd get mad at the... Ohh, you're talking about us having sex... Are we?
WW: No.
Nefty: Had to try...
WW: If I were in your shoes,  I'd try too...


Paint and sculpt 
I don't remember if the four horsemen sculpted this or if it was Mattel's in House team. Whoever it was captured the Frank Miller art style... which is atrocious. I'm talking that this is so bad that it makes toy Biz female Marvel Legends look good. And yes that includes Scarlet Witch Black Cat and Rogue. 

What I'm trying to say is that this Wonder Woman looks ugly as Sin but it's accurate to the source material. So, while I don't like her face, I CAN'T be mad because it's accurate.
5.0

Accessories
Wonder Woman has a knife.
The other accessories are parts for the build a figure. Dr. Psycho, I believe... I'm not a hardcore WW Fan. Problem is that Mattel managed to screw it up. The he pegs on his arms are too thick for the holes on the torso.
So, yeah... she doesn't have much to work with.


3.5

Overall
Wonder Woman has a 4.33 as her final score. It's a decent score for a version of the character that I don't care much about. Honestly, Mattel should've done a MOTUC Compatible DCUC sub.
Nefty: So can I get a picture?
WW: Sure... just don't touch me.
Nefty: It's OK, I'm a Hover hand champion since 1995.


No comments:

Post a Comment