Dec 4, 2020

Advent calendar ICFtTC 04: I don't suck! Yeah, you do, Kurt Angle

 


The Olympic hero has come out the Toy Chest! It's true, it's true!!

Kurt Angle, the Olympic Wrestler turned into Wrestling Entertainer. His All American Olympic Hero persona, being the wholesome anti-Stone Cold, who was oblivious to his stick in the mud persona.


He eventually became a heel after people thought he sucked. Or was it after the shave by Edge? 

I bought this figure at a discount thanks to my Shop Your Way Rewards at Kmart... (Neither Transformco. nor KMart have anything to do with the making of this review.) Many moons ago. It was intended to be used as a prop for the Shao Kahn review, but I forgot I had bought it at the time. I kept it so long in the toy chest that the batteries for his stand no longer work.



Articulation:

WWE Elite body, so you know what to expect here. Near Marvel Legends Articulation, but with single joint elbows. They have a decent range. You can pull sone Kurt Angle poses, but some require a stand or a second figure willing to cooperate with submission moves.
4.0


Paint and sculpt

There was a paint chip on the medal, his unitard is fuzzy on the legs. Horrible paint mismatch on his outfit and lower torso bare flesh, but the tattoo tampo is great!
The sculpt is mostly OK. The face looks like a "realistic cartoon version" of Kurt Angle. Something like what Hasbro did with the MMPR. 
3.5


Accessories 

His stand and Medals. I know he wasn't going to come with much... and since he's an older Mattel figure, I'm surprised they made the medals separately and not a 2 medal into one neck piece. I guess the elbow and knee pads could count because they're removable.
4.0


Overall
Kurt Angle breaks the You Suck theme from the past few days with his 3.83 final score. OK he still KINDA sucks, but I blame Mattel for that. They still hadn't gotten a real understanding of the WWE fanbase when they made these. (I Could argue they still don't but this is not the rant for that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment