Dec 5, 2020

Advent calendar ICFtTC 05: Clones suck, Ms. Frost, just ask Peter Parker.

 


But, I'm Cuckoo for Emma Clones! I'll be reviewing the Walgreens exclusive Stepford Cuckoos and Black King Emma Frost. Mostly because I was unable to get the Hellfire Club set I missed out on White Queen Emma Frost. Quick recap the Stepford Cuckoos are clones of Emma Frost there were five of them now only three survived. Emma Frost was a former villain turned member of the X-Men and he also has some strange relationship with Cyclops. Also Jean Grey is banging Wolverine, who is also banging Cyclops so I don't know what the hell's going on there. The whole Wolverine being bisexual thing is not what bothers me, it's trying to figure out who is sleeping with who.

Ben: Once again, the day is save thanks to the Powerpuff Girls... Wait, are these your clones, Uh, Black Queen?
Emma: It's Black King, Scarlet Spider...
Ben: Wait, wha? Oh yeah, Telepath...
Emma: My breasts are none of your concern, nor my Sex rhombus.
Cuckoos: Clones... 


Articulation 
The Cuckoos seem to be in a new body based off Spider-Girl. This limits their articulation, or would if they were known for gymnastics.
Emma's on the newer smaller chested body, which is STUPID, since Emma is famous for her implants. But back on topic, her gloves, coat, heels, and shoulderpads hinder her articulation.
Cuckoos: 4.0
Emma: 3.5
Ben: Since we're all clones, how about we
Become Degenerates together.
Emma: Now I understand your Dislike of Clones, Mr. Parker.
Peter: The cringe is physically painful to me.
Cuckoos: This will be a one night stand, Mr. Spider.
Ben: It's alright with me, just don't wipe my memory afterwards.


Paint and sculpt 
The Cuckoos have what seems to be a new body with the legs being the only reused parts. They do look like Catholic Schoolgirls, or Extras for Britney Spears's Hit me Baby one more time. Their heads are all the same, since they are clones. Usually, the heads is where paint issues lie. But if you have to buy multiples to display, chances are you'd get a good head of each hairstyle.
Emma on the other hand seems to be built on the newer female buck. Paint and slip-on pieces give her her unique details.
Cuckoos: 4.5
Emma: 4.0
Ben: If they are Telepaths, why are their hands glowing?
Peter: Why did Ms. Frost's hairdo change?
Emma:You two are worse than Deadpool
Peter: Please don't vring him into this...


Accessories 
The Cuckoos have 2 extra heads
extra fists, which is weird, since the Cuckoos are not known for Martial arts or any kind of physical combat.
2 energy effects
Cerebro Helmet that doesn't properly fit on their heads.


Emma has a Classic Emma head and a pair of fists. Again, weird since Emma isn't a hand-to-hand kind of lady.

Cuckoos: 4.5
Emma: 3.5

Overall
Before I give the final rating, I'll explain my reasoning first. I'll tackle the Cuckoos first:
I'm glad that they got made and with plenty of new pieces to boot. My issues lie with everything aside the heads being a wasted accessory. If they are Telepaths, why is their energy effects for the hands and not the heads? 
Their final score is 4.33 
Emma on the other hand feels very lazy. I KNOW that a Classic White Queen would not get a mass retail release outside of Pulse. We had 2 modern releases plagued with issues.
Black King Emma has issues as well. The only GOOD thing from this figures are the heads. It's an OK Figure, but a Modern White Queen would've been better received.
Hence her final score of 3.67


No comments:

Post a Comment