Dec 1, 2020

Advent calendar ICFtTC 01: Tim Mee Battle Mountain


 I don't know what a Tim Mee Battle Mountain is, but it sounds like Yamcha.
Last month I mentioned disappointing toys in an action figure woes. I was referring to the Tim Mee Battle Mountain.


I know it's made it for army men. I know it's rather small for Masters of the Universe Classics figures,  but it makes for a decent backdrop...  or it would after heavy customization.


I have to say that it's overpriced for a piece of plastic that looks vaccum formed. (I know it's made by injection molding, but it looks and feels like vaccum formed). 

My original plans for it involved making a Fright Zone out of it. Now that I have one, I have a slight idea on what to do, but it'll involve multiple PVC sheets, PVC Pipes, PVC Cement, and lots of Green stuff.


But, let's talk about it AS IT IS. It's good as long as you don't put figures on it. Otherwise, the only Battle you'll see on this mountain is the battle for them to stand on it. Why? Because the flat areas have a slight slope, which makes most figures slide off from the smooth surface. After 5 minutes of struggle, I was able to take this picture. Then Spidey knocked Iron man.
Sagat is freaking huge next to it. So it's not necessarily great for Storm Collectibles street fighter figures. 


Super7 Ultimates require BluTac to stand and you can't put too many of them on it.
Due to a lack of space and that this playset is flimsy as heck. Also lightweight, which causes it to topple if too much weight is put on top.


Even Origins are a pain in the ass to display here.

Honestly, I think it can work with MOTUC or Origins if you use some forced perspective tricks and make it part of the back wall without putting figures too close to it and maybe repainting the grayskull minis boxes to use as placeholder grayskull and snake mountain. You'd have to repaint them and maybe build a bridge for snake mountain...
Thinking of something inspired by this poster...

No comments:

Post a Comment