Dec 11, 2020

Advent calendar ICFtTC 11: Z💘RR

 

The Z is for Lord Zedd and the RR is for Rita Repulsa.
Rita and Zedd are the main villains of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers era. Eventually they get married and when Zordon dies, Zedd becomes human.
Ahhh! After one refreshing drink,
It's time to conque Earth!!
Articulation 
Lord Zedd is Lord Zedd, so everything I said about Zedd applies here. Pretty posable despite the tubes. Articulation rivals that of Spider-Man.
4.5

Rita on the Other hand is an odd one:
Her dress is cloth and underneath it... there's a blank female ranger body. Why are you looking at me like that? Yeah, I undressed Rita Repulsa.
Rita: Bitch, I'm Madonna!

This means that Rita is super articulated, but her dress hinders a lot of it. I know that Reed is not known for her acrobatics so this hindrance doesn't bother me as much as it should. but with that said hindered articulation is hindered articulation.
3.5

Paint and sculpt 
Lord Zedd got some corrections here. Sadly his staff was not included among those. He is in a slightly more reddish shade. His hands got the complete silver paint job that was missing from the previous one... which I didn't notice.
4.5
Oh no... this could make secondary
market Ritas more expensive...


Rita looks fine. The ranger body covered in cloth is a cop-out, but then I remember the alternative being a plastic dress kinda like the tunic from the ToyBiz Mandarin, which sucked. Her face is slightly cartoony and the expression kind of looks like she got screwed in an extremely uncomfortable place... like the back of a Volkswagen... wait, Billy has a Volkswagen...

It fits the MMPR aesthetic but in her is a bit more exaggerated.
4.5


Accessories
I won't divide them between Rita and Zedd.
2 Rita hands
2 Zedd hands
Love Potion
Flowers
Wedding Cake
1 Z scepter
1 Energy effect
1 Green Crystal that drained Tommy's Green Power.
1 Growth bomb
1 Magic wand
5.0

Overall
The set scores a 4.4 and it's a decent score. I know the flaws are mostly nitpicks but this is as good as it gets without going into Baby Yoda territory. And before you say: "Nefty, there's an obvious absence of Lord Zedd on this review!" I say: "I focused on Rita first. You want Zedd pics, I'll give you Zedd pics!"
After the jump because of immature humor not for kids. Blame a Robot chicken sketch for inspiring me... and a censor bar made things even worse...
Rita: Oh Zeddikins!!
Zedd: Shake that ass!
Mika: Tee Hee! Maybe you should watch yours!

Zedd: Goldar hired her for the Bachelor party! I was going to give you this tomorrow, but it's Tommy's green essence...
Rita: I'm mad at you! I should call off the wedding...
Zedd:Fine, I'll agree to the Menage a trois with another dude... Not Goldar! He flings poop while doing it! Just ask Scorpina.
Rita: How DO YOU KNOW about Scorpina?
Zedd: Goldar made us watch a home video?
Rita: Wait, was it the one that Squatt amd Baboo accidentally enter when Goldar's getting screwed in the back of a Volkswagen?
Zedd: No, this is the one where Goldar makes a statue of Scorpina out of poop im Finster's workshop... picture that scene from Ghost... but full of shit!
Rita: OK let's get married


Goldar VO: I hope you like this banana cake I made for the wedding!
Rita: Bananas aren't grey!!
Zedd:Goldar, did you EAT the bananas
BEFORE baking the cake?
Goldar: I was going for a Kopi Luwak thing here...
Zedd: putties, get that shit out of here and make sure Goldar EATS IT ALL!!
Putties: GLUGLUGLUGLU!!


Zedd: As promised, Here's the other dude
for the Menage a Trois
Rita: Did you just clone yourself for me?
Zedd: Anything for my Princess!!
Other Zedd: hahahahaha! Me Lord Zedd!
Rita: Please let him be hung...
Other Zedd: She wants to touch my Pepe Steve!

Other Zedd: Christmas ornament, make my Pepe grow!
Zedd: Is he ret-
Rita: Don't you dare finish that sentence! When I was a child, they used to call me Retard Repulsive and that really hurt!
Zedd: I'm sorry, my disgusting wretch!
Rita: WHAT DID YOU SAY!?
Zedd: I thought we were doing the villain reverse speak where I call you disgusting wretch meaning nubile beauty!
Rita: Ah, I get it 2-inch Titan...
Other Zedd: Steeeeve, my Pepe Is GETTING BIGGER!! STEVE!!

Zedd: I love you, no villain speak!
Rita: I know!
Other Zedd: Steve, Reeta!! My Pepe!!

Rita: Holy crap! That would split me in half! Zeddy! Forget about the Menage a Trois!
Zedd: Yeah, let's get out of here before Mr. Whatsapp makes me feel more inadequate.
Other Zedd: Reeta, Steve, Help... me?

Rita and Zedd: *Super Sentai sex noises*


No comments:

Post a Comment