Dec 17, 2020

Advent calendar ICFtTC 17: Not so Loyal SFII 2 pack


 I bought a long time ago a Sagat vs Chun Li 2 pack for the Loyal Subjects SF line.  MOSTLY because of Sagat. I don't have a Zangief because he's impossible to find. Funny thing is that I had given up on the line shortly after I ordered that Sagat 2 pack. I think the street fighter line was canceled as well...

But seriously, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?
Sagat isn't Chun Li's rival or archnemesis...
It should've been Ryu vs Sagat or Chun Li vs Bison. But these are one of the last SFII items by The Loyal Subjects, as far as I know.
Sagat: Go ahead, Mini-Me, kick her ass!
Chun-Li: Chibi-Me, win gor our fathers' honor!


Articulation
Head, shoulders, hand, waist, hips, feet. Sagat has added articulation on the knees. This makes the figures not as poseable as one would like. It sucks a lot for Chun Li.
I will not rate them, because I didn't rate the SF Figures and if I do now... it would be a massacre.
Mini-Sagat: You are worthless! I need a Worthy foe!
Sakura: 2 Ryus!? Haha! The fun has been doubled!
Ryu: Lil' Ryu, go get'im!
Lil' Ryu: The fight is all, the fight is all, the fight is all...


Paint and sculpt 
The figures have a chibi Super Deformed look... like an Americanized version of Pocket Fighter. They look like the characters and there are no paint issues with them.
Ryu: Lil' Ryu!? What's  wrong!?
Lil' Ryu!! Lil' RYUUUUUUU!!
Sakura: The Yokujo no Hado has awakened in Lil' Ryu!! I'm loving it!!
Lil' Ryu: I mustn't run away! I mustn't run away! I mustn't run away!! 


Accessories 
Niente, nothing, nada.
Chibi Chun-Li: So this is it for us?
Discarded as a joke?
Mini Sagat: Pretty much...


Final thoughts
Wait... I kinda feel like Springer now. Can I get a "Nefty! Nefty! Nefty!" Chant? They're not good but they're not bad either they're just kind of there. To be honest I'd be more likely to use them as Christmas decorations just like I did with the Masters of the Universe ones than to use them as a actual toys to display. 

NOW I ALSO FEEL LIKE BILLY MAYS HERE, BECAUSE WAIT THERE'S MORE!
Why did I got this?


Since the 2 pack wasn't that great, let me give you something to make the 2 pack great... a Drug Store Toy review. Let's face it. Drug Store Toys are the bottom of the barrel toys.

Out of that suckfest, I got the least crappy thing: Classic prank Kit. You get 5 classic prank items that no one will fall for.

First up is the oversized Plastic Spider that looks incredibly fake. Won't scare a 1 year old.
Oh... no... it's... so... Scary... Aaaahhh...



Next up is the fake gum squirt gun. Gum pack looks extremely fake (due to copyright restrictions)and the package is far worse in order to accommodate the eye dropper/squirter.
It doesn't fool anyone.


Next is the Fake Ice cubes with a bug in them. They come with a chiking hazard label AND the plastic May not be food grade clear plastic...
Remember to peel off the warning tag.


Then comes my second favorite item:
A 3D representation of Zack Snyder movies... or Thundercats roar. I'm talking about the fake Poop. This one is a bit better than the Spider.
Snarf: Lion-O, I just *snarf* made a Thundercats Roar! review! *snarf*
Lion-O: Harsh...


My favorite prank of the set is theoretically the lamest one: Fake Nail through finger. It's stupid, but I like it. It feels most effort was put into it.
Ow... it hurts... so much...


Still, this set is crap with a capital CRAP. My advice is: Better don't give any present if your only choices are Drugstore toys... this is not the 80s where you could get those "plays with" lines that their quality almost resembled that of the big boys. 

Nowadays a gift card for their favorite console would be what keeps them up at night because fun. Unlike the 80s where drugstore toys could easily compete with the big boys. Most modern drugstore toys aren't that good, qualitywise to compete with Hasbro or Mattel.

No comments:

Post a Comment