Dec 9, 2020

Advent calendar ICFtTC 09: The forgotten John Diggle figure

 
I had to purposely not clean this figure for over a year to at least show somepassage of time between Ollie and Diggle's coming out of the Toy Chest.

I got this Diggle figure for quite some time. Guessing Mid 2016, after getting Arrow and Deathstroke. But I kept postponing the review, because reasons. Until today that is.
In the now dubbed CWverse, formerly Arrowverse, John Diggle was the bodyguard of Oliver Queen, who joined the Arrow's quest to save the City from people that keep failing it. But, since I grew bored from the Arrowverse when they made Arrow the Ollie and Felicity show, Flash turned into Iris and her SuperFriends, Legends otf tff Tomorrow is the only one I would care about, but I haven't seen it in ages.
Arrow: Diggle, why are you dancing like Johnny Bravo?
Diggle: I'm not dancing! This is how far I can move after being stuck in that plastic prospn for years.
Arrow: Nefty! You have failed this Diggle!!
Nefty VO: Screw you, Oliver Queef!
Arrow: I've seen the photo of you and Malcolm Merlyn!! You have failed ME!!


Articulation 
If the joints were any more frozen, they'd be singing Let it go. Even with the hairdryer, they wouldn't move as they should. Then again, his articulation range isn't that great to begin with.
3.5
Diggle: Can I shoot him?
Arrow: Not until I've gone Cupid on him.
Diggle: Our Cupid, or the Mythical one?
Arrow: Whichever let's me make a quiver out of Nefty's ass...
Nefty VO: No wonder people think you're a
Second rate Batman with a Robin Hood fetish, Mr. Queef!


Paint and sculpt 
Here the figure shines. He looks like David Ramsey did 6 years ago. Since it's a DC Collectibles figure, the paint and sculpt feel a bit high-end compared to Mattel's releases at the time.
5.0
Arrow: That's it! John, Lend me your gun.
Diggle: Oh, no! I know this story! You kill him and frame the black guy for murder... Aw Hell naw! I'm going to murder him for making me sound like Will Smith!
Arrow: Whoa Digg, calm down!
Nefty VO: That's it, back to the Toy Chest you two...


Accessories 
Gun
4 hands
Diggle doesn't have much stuff, nor does he need it. It's nice to know that he can pose with his gun in any hand, though.
4.0
Arrow: Dammit, Diggle! I had a good thing hanging atop Nefty's PC... Now you ruined it!!


Overall
Diggle gets 4.17 as his final score. The frozen joints and limited articulation hurt him a bit, but it's not THAT bad. He displays nice with Arrow, which is the main reason I bought him. He's sadly, not a great figure.


No comments:

Post a Comment