Feb 10, 2021

Apparently, Super7 has planned for 9 waves of Thundercats and TMNT (part 1)

 Heard this on a couple of Facebook pages and I've been trying to figure out how to fill in those remaining 5 waves. So, for the sake of being a bit positive until the Snake Mountain saga is finally over. (Allegedly, I'm getting it delivered on Friday...)
Also, I got by mail a third party foam Power Sword
Fabulous Secret Powers were revealed to me... and a neighbor yelling ¡Cállate cabrón!

But I'm riding on a MOTU High and what's the best way to celebrate? Talking about Thundercats and Turtles!!
I'm dividing this topic in two in order to do justice for each brand. I shall begin with Thundercats, because in my life's timeline, Thundercats came first...

So without further ado, here's my theoretical Thundercats waves 5-9:
Note: These are the ones I expect in order to roundup most rosters. Not all choices are characters that I want, but characters that have some popularity. Like, I hate Bengali and Ratar-O, but I expect them in the line.
Wave 5:
Bengali:
 My least favorite Thundercat, but he has potential to be a good figure. Also a good quitting point if you already have the Mattel thunderkittens.
Vultureman:
The last Core Member of the Mutants.
Chilla:
The easiest Lunatak to make and the best way to ease us into them.
Turmagar the Tuska Leader:
Since the line is more Toon inspired, I chose to repurpose the generic Tuska figure and make an actual relevant character.

Wave 6
Wilykit:
I'm splitting the kittens to somewhat pad out the line... and avoid more errors like Captain Cracker or Mumm-Ra disguised as Lion-Jesus... shit, now I want that Lion-Jesus... third party prices it is then... also, having the kittens as individual characters allows for more accessories per figure.
Amok with Luna:
This will be the expensive one due to Amok's size and the Luna mini-figure. Since we have to churn a Lunatak per wave now, better get rid of the hardest one earlier.
Mongor:
The most metal Thundercats figure... of course I'm putting him before Ratar-O...
Hachiman:
I want Hachiman ASAP because reasons... MOTUC Compatible Samurai... I smell custom potential.

Wave 7:
Wilykat:
The Final Thunderkitten and we round up the actual Thundercats sans Snarf.
Tug-Mug:
Possibly the most complicated Lunatak from a tooling perspective. 
Mandora the Evil Chaser:
Relatively easy to make character to compensate for Tug-Mug. Also, it gives a reason for Captain Saltine American.
Driller:
Looks cool and is kinda popular 
Wave 8:
Snarf-Ra with Snarf:
It's the best way to get a normal snarf and a complete curveball just like B-Flynn likes to toss around.
Alluro:
Mandatory Lunatak for the wave.
Willa the Warrior Maiden:
Easy to make figure with custom potential. Extra head for a different maiden... army building
Ratar-O:
He would truly round up the mutants, but screw Ratar-O...

Wave 9:
Nayda:
She completes the warrior maidens. If s7 plays it smart a second generic head on her and Willa would allow people to army build warripr maidens.
Red-Eye:
Final Lunatak and we round up this roster.
Berbil 2-pack:
Amaro Studios made some sweet Berbil Display pieces that are not toys, but we need Berbil toys!!
Hammerhand:
We may not get ALL the Berzerkers, but we need the big man himself. The one from season 2, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment