Feb 24, 2021

At last Both MOTU Cartoons had a toy reveal!!

 The following images have been making the rounds on Facebook:

Battle Cat looks... how would the infamous Mattel guy (Who is a liar and a douche) say? "Anime Hyper Detailed". I have to be brutally honest right here, aside the weird color on his paw armor, I'm digging the design for Battlecat.
 He-Man on the other hand, well he doesn't look like He-Man.

I'm curious about this series. I'm getting a bit of New Adventures vibe from it.

At least the designs don't look like clothes straight out of the rack like other bastardizations... Right, Noelle?

But enough shitting on Noelle Stevenson shitting on She-Ra... Figures for Kevin Smith's Revelation have been, uh, revealed.


Without further ado, I present to you:

Shit, after 19 years, Mattel discovered double joints! Also, the proportions say 200X but the lack of detail says Filmation.
Out of the four characters presented the clear winner is Skeletor. It's the same state really close to what a Skeletor should look like.
I'm not entirely sure about that battle kept kind of looks like it's reusing the Motu Classics body which is a good thing so I could buy a couple of possibly cheaper MOTUC compatible felines for customs.
He-Man's not horrible but it's not great either. I understand the swapping of the cross, but I don't agree with it. I'm not so sure about this sword because it looks a bit wimpy. I would probably buy third-party casts of it due to reasons.

I was going to make a long-winded rant on Evil Lyn and her costume not resembling anything MOTU, but then The Fire Nation attacked...

I HATE the Evil Lyn redesign!

There is nothing about her that screams Evil Lyn. Pretty much everyone has been making Avatar related jokes with Evil Lyn. There is nothing there that resembles Evil Lyn.
I could understand them avoiding the boob accentuating horns/bones from past versions. But, they could've used the shapes from her original design and made a pattern on her tunic, that would reference the ornate leaves of her original dress/breastplate. Sadly, it's too late for any changes... but that redesign is bad! I'm tempted to buy a sketchbook and make some quick doodles that would've made a more Evil-Lyn, uh, Evil-Lyn.


No comments:

Post a Comment