Feb 1, 2021

Odds and ends January 31st- February 1st 2021

 There have been a couple of things gnawing at the back of my head and I don't want to make 3 full-fledged rants about them so, I'm going to pull off a 3-hit combo mini-rant-a-thon!

Madsaki and me: The part that I don't like his idea of art, because it feels lazy, uninspired, and it basically boils down to "other people made a thing. I vandalize thing. I am Artiste." Many have run to defend his "art" with the "Art is subjective" bullshit. 

I'm not even going to use the arguments used by Adam Ruins Everything, even if they're good. No. I will stand from the corporate side of things. It doesn't look good for a company to allow an "artist" vandalize or deface THEIR PRODUCTS and then SELL COPIES OF SAID VANDALISM. 
Here's a better "vandalism" of a Mattel product:
This artist, Jazza, butchers a MOTU ORIGINS HE-MAN and turns it into a more "realistic" depiction of the character. This is "good transformative art" because it changes the original while being respectful of it. Also, there is a degree of talent involved with the transformation. This is the kind of art that Mattel should be sponsoring.

Back to Madsaki: IF his piece was a one-off exhibit kind of thing, I wouldn't be THAT mad, because it's standard douchey "artiste" crap that plagues modern art. My main beef remains at Mattel sponsoring that shit. There is a reason Disney's extremely overprotective of their properties.

Super7 and their vehicular insanity:
I find it ludicrous that they're asking $450 for the Thundertank. 

How much will we be billed for a slightly larger version of this? $500? $550? 
Reaching that $600 will be a piece of cake with the Module... want a $1000 Technodrome? I understand that they don't have Hasbro's resources or Mattel's. I also understand that their production numbers are much smaller in comparison to Mattel. At the same time, it's $450 for the Tundertank. I think that this will leave a bad taste in people and things like the Maraj or the TMNT vehicles shown won't happen... speaking of which? $150 for the Cheapskate? The TMNT skateboard, not B-Flynn... 
He can use all the justifications for the high price, but it's a self-fullfilling prophecy. "They're expensive because people won't buy them" but "people won't buy them because they're expensive."
And based on the Pixel Dan interview, the tank has no electronics, just GITD paints. Won't go into "battle mode"... So, what the Fuck are we supposed to be paying $450 for? A large cumbersome storage "box"?

I was asked by a personal friend to give "Revenge is bad, except when it's not: Sapphic Fury" a second chance. So, I had to acquire a copy for under $20 in order to do so... The lengths I go to bump uglies... So far nothing has changed from my first encounter with TLOU2... Beautiful Graphics Good gameplay, though it seems easier to kill enemies with the knife or Gina Caranoing the Infected... story is still shit. Once I beat it, the official review will be made and I can put this to rest.

Yes, I'm aware of my own hypocrisy here. All the crap about not playing THE game and I'm at it a second time. Sure, I'm doing it to get laid, but still... also, to diminish my hypocrisy percentage, it's a used copy from a disgruntled player... beats giving naughty dog my money.

My issues from the spoilers and first playthrough are still there. I've seen behind the curtain and I feel like my review won't be fair because it's a "looking back review" and I'm not blinded by nostalgia. It also bothers me that any criticism towards this game that might be perceived as a negative it's automatically dismissed as: homophobia, misogyny, Etc. 

March 18th is the release date of the Snyder Cut... I suppose March 19th-20th will mark the beginning of the Excuses. The good thing is that the wait will be over in 38 days-ish. Hopefully, when it sucks, the cult may finally open their... who am I kidding? It's obvious that Zack was still suffering from the loss of his daughter, WB and Whedon sabotaged him for Marvel's sake. Also WB gave him little money and time to finish the movie. Lizard people, China and Joe Biden winning the election too are to blame... it's never Hacky-poo's fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment