Feb 7, 2021

It came from the Toy Chest: I want pictures of Spider-Man!!

 


Insert a "Spider-Man: Threat or Menace?" Reference here. It's J. Jonah Jameson, former editor of The Daily Bugle and probably Spider-Man's worst foe... this isn't a redo. Last time I did Jolly Jonah was a custom. This is the real deal. 

JJJ: Parker! The Chameleon is on my desk!
Peter: I missed the part where that's my problem! See ya, chump!


Articulation
Jonah shares a lot with MCU Klaw in the arm area, which means no double joints on the elbows. From the waidt down, it's the suit body that we've seen many times before.
4.5
JJJ: Spider-Man! I asked for the police and I get this!
Spidey: I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye!
NotJJJ: Screw you, menace!
Spidey: That's a cute outfit, did your husband give it to you?


Paint and sculpt 
JJJ has white hair now... this is more comic accurate than the gray haor on the Chameleon head. The tie and vest really sell the JJJ look. They could've done the Klaw vest repainted and called it a day. Going the distance was so worth it.
5.0
JJJ: Mmmrph!
Spidey: Gonna cry?
NotJJJ: I'll never forgive you!
Spidey: You're trash!


Accessories 
Rolled up Newspaper reused from Gwen
Extra hands
Crappy sheet of paper acting as an unfolded newspaper.
I'm disappointed on the loose newspaper. I was hoping for it to be more than a sincle sheet. The paper with the warnings looks more newspaper-like than the actual newspaper.
4.5
JJJ: Get your stinking feet off my desk!
Spidey: I'll get my feet off the desk when you fix the Damned Door!
JJJ: What?
Spidey: Good Riddance!


Overall:
Triple J  gets a 4.67 as his final score. The half-assed newspaper brought him down. Had he not come with it I would have given him a 5.0. Guess this is the point where I would call my aunt about him not having a cigar but Marvel's recent mandates have removed cigars from Ben Grimm, Logan, JJJ, Nick Fury, etc.
They could've just copied the custom and call it a day... glad they didn't!

Spidey: Jonah, now is not the time!
JJJ: I ain't budging till the cops show up!
Spidey: Listen, Newspaper Hitler, Scorpion is here and wants us, the two people he hates the most, you and I, DEAD!! Do YOU want to die? I'd rather have you alive, even if it means more BS Bugle headlines...
Scorpion: Here I am!!
Spidey: Rock you like a Hurricane!!
JJJ: What?
Stan Lee: It's a reference to the song Rock you like a Hurricane by The Scorpions... True Believers! Now, Move it, Jolly Jonah!!
Scorpion: Or better yet, stay so I can kill ya both! Mr. Lee, please look away. I don't want your eyes to see the violence I'm about to unleash!!

I kinda like JJJ on the Stan body...


No comments:

Post a Comment