Feb 22, 2021

Making a(nother) case for Venus De Milo.

 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles suffered a dark period between the tail end of the cartoon until the 2003 reboot. The dark era is known as Ninja Turtles The Next Mutation. This dark era spawned the "true fifth turtle"...

Sorry Zack, we ain't talking about you... though I wouldn't mind a NECA Zack the 5th Turtle. We're talking about the Female Turtle hated by Peter Laird, Venus de Milo.

I understand that people dislike TNM... I do to an extent... I do have a NSFW anecdote about TNM... so, High school... TNM was on and it sucked donkey balls. So my friends and I used to mock the show, so we made up crude lyrics. I don't remember most of them. I do remember one line being about Venus having boobs. But the one line I DEFINITELY remember is "Na-na-na-na ninja, Ninja Turtles!" Which *I* changed to "Sientate en un dildo, Ninja Turtles!" (Go sit on a dildo, Ninja Turtles) The gist of the song was that Venus came, ruined the show and that you should go screw yourself for not liking it, hence the go sit on a dildo chorus line. Point is that my friends and I used to mess with that song so much that one of my friends accidentally sang our version while his kid siblings were watching the show. That was awkward.

Venus would give us a Female Turtle Body that could be reused on IDW's Jennika, who could use parts that could be repurposed for a Karai or Shogun April. The Female Turtle Body could also be reused for the 5th Turtle April from Archie comics... yes, I know that 5th Turtle April lookwd exactly the same as Raphael, but with white headband and pads. It wouldn't be the first time the toymakers would deviate from the source material.

Also, wouldn't a Jennika/Venus tag team display look badass?

The idea is to show that the line is not "vintage 2.0", which would be boring. Because there are two companies makong TMNT toys and they're practically making the exact same figures. NECA has the advantage of being able to get popular folks from the toon. Heck! They are even sneaking into the toyline with Ace Duck. And let's face it: NECA pretty much has a TMNT monopoly:
They have:
-Movie versions
-Mirage versions
-Videogame versions
-Cartoon versions

This is why Super7 NEEDS to step up.
Right now I have no idea how the Thunder tank is doing and if it doesn't do well there's no chance in hell that Ninja Turtles fans would get the Party Wagon.

I just had a crazy idea: since Super7 can make 7 inch scale TMNT and Power Rangers... we can get the TMNT/Power Rangers Ultimates crossover in a sub-line of their own.

Every 2-3 months a Pre-order for a single two pack is made. Each pack would have a Turtle and a Ranger. That way you get the core 5 Space Rangers And Ninja Turtles TNM without "polluting" their respective main lines.

Now that Peter Laird has no power here, we should explore that which he banned. Venus has potential to be good, and as she is, she HAS A DEDICATED fanbase. Let's bring her back, while correcting the failings of  TNM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment