Feb 6, 2021

Odds and ends Feb.6 2021: I spit in the face of people who don't want to be Cool!

 Carlito! Carlito! Viejo desgraciao! I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool!

Oye! Por ahi viene Carlito!! I'm still surprised that Carlito... Caribbean... Cool! Is back on the WWE. Wait a minute!!

I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool... can't spit on faces because of COVID-19... They just killed Carlito's gimmick!!

Wait... crazy idea! CARLITO AS THE MOTWWEU VERSION OF KOBRA KHAN...
Both have a spitting gimmick... I would've used Tajiri, but I don't know if he's still on WWE contract.

WandaVision's Episode 5 was amazing!! I know I haven't talked much about Wandavision but the show is AWESOME!! The first two episodes were beautiful homages to old school TV. Episode 3 was to me the "weakest one" so far, but it's thw one where the cracks began to show, leading to episode 4, which reminded me that Kat Dennings was part of the MCU... and the effects of Wanda outside of her bubble... Episode 5 came in like a wrecking ball with the Family Ties/Full House references. And yes, everyone is aware that Wanda is the Not an Olsen Twin, but still an Olsen sister, which makes the Full House references even more delicious... The ending...

I can see why WandaVision is tied to 2 other MCU movies (OK one MCU movie and one MCU/SONY potential disaster)

Been thinking about Mom lately, wondering if I'm doing the right thing... if I'm not a disappointment. I know my Dad thinks I'm a total loser and a failure at life. It's no secret that I've been struggling with depression and self-loathing. While I am functional my fears and self-loathing have been gnawing at the back of my head. With the whole pandemic thing, comes isolation and, with it come idle minds... it's hard to cope when the inner demons can grab a hold on oneself. I SHOULD take a break from the House of Rants but I can't because this is one of the few things that brings me some sort of joy in my life. And while sometimes it can be hard to write posts, I still do it because it feels normal... So, For those of you who are reading this, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! 

Don't panic, I'm not in a dark spot where I would harm myself! I'm just trying to be a bit more grateful for the good things in life. Sometimes I forget to be grateful and take things for granted. But yeah, I just wanted to say thanks and possibly by next week I might be getting Snake freaking Mountain! The whole Home Stretch of the Snake Mountain saga might be what's bringing me down... Or that one of my childhood friends is a grandfather at 39 and my biggest worry is a freaking He-Man playset... The whole societal expectations vs doing what makes me happy dichotomy might be causing me additional stress...

I sometimes wonder if I'm the only adult who has no clue on how to be an adult and have been faking it for 20-something years... probably not, but it feels that way.

The Do Good part is the hardest one... Especially now when people are showing the worst side of them due to the side effects of the pandemic. But I'll keep on trying. That's all I can do... Try to be the best me I can be. I honestly don't know if I'm making the right choices but, I can't give up! If I want to see Mom, I must ride this train until the last stop...

No comments:

Post a Comment