Jun 16, 2020

Space Force: The Netflix series: The Rant

Recently, I saw the first season of Space Force on Netflix. The show is supposed to be a "Space Themed" version of The Office. People who were fans of The Office have been disappointed with Space Force. And that is why they hate it, because it's NOT "Space Themed" version of The Office.

I'm not a fan of The Office...

At the time, I was a College Student transitioning into an Office Drone... a show that poked fun at a familiar setting and shit that I had to endure for a few coins over minimum wage didn't resonate with me at the time. When I was doing odd jobs, the show was a bit more enjoyable for me, but I wasn't ACTIVELY trying to watch it. But if it was on, I wouldn't change the Channel.

So, I could say that I was watching Space Force without any pre-conceptions or biases. I found it enjoyable. Sure, some episodes had some very predictable situations, sometimes the jokes would feel a bit forced or awkward, but for the most part, I enjoyed it. I did laugh at the absurdity of some scenes... having some second hand knowledge on how government bureaucracy works helped me enjoy the show a bit better.

It's an acquired taste and not necessarily for everyone.
I'm interested to see what Season 2 will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment