Apr 4, 2023

It came from the Toy Chest: Undercover Raph is undercover

 

The BBTS exclusive from a wave that may be no more... also a nod to the first movie... mandatory "a Jose Canseco bat" reference incoming. The figure is basically Raphael in a Ben Grimm inspired costume for going out to the surface without being too noticeable... or pretending to be a noir detective without a license.
Casey: Do we have to do this again?
Nefty VO: as long as there is a Raphael in a trenchcoat and a Casey Jones figure in the same line, it's MANDATORY to make a Jose Canseco bat reference... Raphael, say the line, please.
Raph (monotone): A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me you didn't pay for this!
Nefty VO: Raph... do it right or we'll be here all day like Tommy Wiseau and his infamous I did not hit her it's not true it's bullshit I did not hit her I did naaaaaht! Ohai Mark! line.


Articulation
Six+ released waves into the line and the articulation on the Turtles hasn't changed. The legs are as loose as wave 1 Raphael and he has the same articulation, but slightly hindered by the soft goods trenchcoat.
4.0
Raph: So what does this doohickey do, Donny?
Donatello, yo! Don! Earth to Donatello!!!
Don: Kept you waiting, huh?
Raph: Enough with the Sam Fisher references, what is this thing I'm holding...
Leo VO: Sam Fisher? Raph, you uncultured swine! That was a Metal Gear Solid reference!!
Raph (monotone): Oh no, Leonerdo is angry now... he might go Thundarr the Barbarian on me...
Nefty VO: Raphael...
Raph (monotone): Oh no, I have angered god...
Nefty VO: I'm going to enjoy customizing you...


Paint and sculpt
It's Wave 1 Raph in a slight redeco with less paint apps but with a new head. Sadly the colors don't match between Raphael figures, so the brand spanking new fists that this Raphael has cannot be used by the old one. There isn't much I can say about the figure since the main new part is not sculpted it's a soft goods item.
4.5
Raph: I have a bad feeling about this...
Nefty VO: At least you're not using a bo staff...
Don VO: I Heard that with my directional microphone!
Raph: Ohhhhh so that's what it was!


Accessories 
-He has 8 extra hands 
-1 extra head
-April's tripod
-New camera probably going to be reused by ninja April.
-directional microphone
-night vision goggles
-suitcase
-pizza slice
-2 sai
-Ocelot's most favorite thing that isn't Big Boss...
4.5
Raph: with this suitcase I have enough space to rescue the President's daughter and her precious ballistics...


Overall
Undercover Raph's got a final score of 4.33 and that's bad. This figure could've easily gotten a 4.67 if he had received hands that could properly hold the revolver. (Blutac shenanigans were involved with my pic) His color scheme should've been the same as wave 1 Raph. A third head without his hat would've been neat.
I wasn't going to do the good ol' flasher joke... honest! I was going for a This is a job for Superman reference.


Now that I got him, the whole operation custom Don the Undercover Turtle might begin... The fake Gun won't be possible, since the coffee stirrer experiment failed miserably and I don't want to damage the gun.
Raph: Whatever happened to Hand to hand is the basis of all combat... only a fool teust his life to a weapon?
UC Raph: This is the greatest handgun ever made. The Colt Single Action Army. Six bullets... More than enough to kill anything that moves. Now I'll show you why they call me... 'Revolver'.
Leonardo VO: Oh come on!! Now we get both Grey Fox and Ocelot quotes!?
Mike VO: I'm surprised that Nefty didn't let you come in for the Sewer Surfing Me review...
Leo VO: Why would I appear in that review little bro?
Mike VO: two words: Removable sunglasses...
Leo: NEFTYYYYYYYYY!!
NEFTY VO: I was saving that for the potential Mutant Military wave Leo... you know usong this trenchcoat, removing that Leo's vest, adding Mike's sunglasses... Hell, I was going to get a GI Joe Ultimates Snake Eyes AND use a MOTUC Flipshot head repainted and adding a Bandana to make a Solid Snake ersatz...

The Raph body is 76% likely to become a Nightwatcher... I still have an idea in the back burner. The figure WON'T BE SOURCE MATERIAL ACCURATE but it will be a "1980s Playmates-ized" style figure. I would need to find a donor head to build the helmet around... but I won't go into details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment