Dec 7, 2023

Advent Calendar 07: This puzzle is a killer

 


Jigsaw, one of Punisher's most popular villains was a Walgreens exclusive. He's also a pain in the ass for Spider-Man and DareDevil. An enforcer to the Costa Family, he was disfigured by Francis Castiglione. 

Articulation 
Hehas normal articulation for a Marvel Legend, the suit overlay. His neck has a decent range of articulation DESPITE having a neck brace overlay.
4.5
Jigsaw: Alright, Hammerhead! No guns. We settle this like men...
Hammerhead: You got it, Russo. We fight like men! No guns!
Spidey VO: Good, that puts me at an advantage!


Paint and sculpt
Jigsaw is built in a suit body. Thing is that it seems not to be the Slim suit body from characters like Professor X or Arcade. At the same time he's not on the Jon Favreau body either, since he's slightly smaller than Hammerhead. I absolutely LOVE his face, it's so Expressive!! Looking at it from the side you have an excited and gleeful expression looking it from the other it looks surprised or worried. From the front he looks enraged. 
5.0
Jigsaw: Spider-Man!?
Spidey: The one and on... The Original recipe!
Jigsaw: Good, I wanna hang your head as a trophy on my smoking lounge
Spidey: Eat webs!


Accessories 
2 knives
Machete
Bat
Shotgun
2 blast effects 
2 smoke effects
Jigsaw: Dammit, you dodged!
Punisher: Dodge this!
Jigsaw: Oh fuck, it's Castle!
Spidey: Wait, he used the F-word, not @#$!
Punisher: Move it webs, I got to kill this piece of shit who had my family murdered!


He has a shotgun, although the sculpt from the top looks weird. Not only that he has blast effects and smoke effects to simulate firing and fired gun.
5.0
Spidey: No, Castle! Even if Jigsaw is a piece of filth that deserves to die, I can't let you kill him!
Rhino: Let's go, boss while the bug and Punisher squabble!
Punisher: They're going to get away!
Spidey: Then try to stop them non-lethally!
Punisher: I'll stop them PERMANENTLY!!
Jigsaw: But I paid you to protect me. FIGHT THEM!
Rhino: I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed, but avoiding getting killed by the Punisher and being able to get away is better than messing with Punisher.
Jigsaw: You might have a point. But we didn't run away...
Rhino: Nope! We ain't chicken!



Overall
Jigsaw gets a 4.87 as his final score. It's a shame that Walgreens is no longer doing Marvel Legends, because Jigsaw was a Home Run. I know not all of Walgreens figures were a home run, but Jigsaw totally was one. Shame I couldn't get Zemo...

No comments:

Post a Comment