Dec 23, 2023

Advent Calendar 23: I swear I didn't get this for Shemmue References...

 The WWE Wrekkin Vehicle forklift... I know, I say Forklift and everyone knows my brain goes into Shenmue reference mode. It's a Forklift with a basic Brock Lesnar...

Should I talk Brock or should I Forklift?

Alright, the Forklift is a Forklift that has a catapult action activated by removing the top of the Forklift and plugging it into a piece that makes a lever that you slap and send a figure flying...

Normally the Forklift looks like this. 
I added a bit of blutac on Ace Duck's face to make Ryo Hazuki's bandage... it's been that way since the forklift arrived in February...
But it can also look like this.
This is a Final Fight reference...
Honestly there's not much I can say it's a forklift and scale with Marvel Legends and Super 7 figures. Obviously they also work with WWE figures since it's a WWE toy but I don't collect WWE. I literally didn't buy it for the sake of sitting Ace Duck on it because Ace Duck looks like Hazuki and you know that Hazuki and forklifts are obvious Shenmue references. I would never do such a thing.

Brock is a basic figure so his articulation is garbage and I don't think I should waste my time on talking about him; since he's going in to the section of the toy chest of stuff that will be forever forgotten.

Like the other WWE Vehicles, the wheels roll, but they don't turn, in the Forklift's case, the back wheels don't turn left and right. The fork part of the Forklift lock at the top or bottom. Not anywhere else in between. Fortunately, this set does not look ANYTHING like the forklift Lesnar actually used on the WWE and looks more like your average forklift.

It has a breakable pallet which is no big deal.
That's not a Sweet Chin Music!

I'm not reviewing this the standard way because the normal metric would be harmful to this toy. Little articulation, nonexistent paintjob, the figure this toy was specifically made for can't properly use it... that's almost as dumb as making a She-Ra that can't ride Swift Wind...

The point I'm trying to make is that this is a fun toy and it also works as a great background decorations/prop for Action Figure dioramas. With some crates and some drums a decent Warehouse setting would be greatly complemented by this forklift. In the Neftyverse you know that if you see the forklift, Shenmue references are coming... ESPECIALLY if Ace Duck is at the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment