Dec 24, 2023

Advent Calendar 24: You Mother Trucker!

 


Technically speaking, this was my Christmas present for 2022. USPS dropped it on December 24, 2022 when I had left for work, But Holiday hectic schedule didn't allow me to unbox it until December 29th of the same year. Since this might be my final Advent Calendar,  I said to myself: "Self, we know that it's highly unlikely that you'll open up Snake Mountain due to our Mommy issues. Instead of wasting a normal ICFTTC on this, why not save it for the Advent Calend... And you're attempting to put Bebop in a Miley Cyrus Wrecking Ball Reference. Save it for the review, man!" 

Since this is a vehicle, the standard format won't work, but I'll make it work!

Tatsu: Hurry, we must vanish before the Turtles catch up to us!
Rocksteady:It ain't our fault this truck is too small for us minibossman!
Bebop: I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL!!
Tatsu: A Miley Cyrus reference... I'm surrounded by idiots.

Articulation:
Hoo boy! Wheels rotate, but don't turn. Removable doors can be swung open, crane rotates at the base 360° and the crane itself has a hinge that goes about 90° approximately. 
There is an additional point of articulation for an action feature:

So, how can I rate this: It has the expected range of articulation. The battle damage has no additional unintended articulation.
4.5
Scratch: MUTANIMALS! ATTACK!!
Bebop and Rocksteady: Ow, That Hurt!
Ray: I got it Seymour, let's wreck this rig!
Mutagen Man: We have Codenames for a reason! I'm Mutagen Man, not Seymour Gutz...
Ray: Wait, your full name is See More Guts...
If there's a god, he must hate you...
Mutagen Man: I ask myself the same thing every day...
JB: Ey! One of youse is missin'!
Tatsu: kuso kuso kuso...


Paint and sculpt:
Here is where things start to go wrong:
There is minimal paint work and it can be sloppy in some places. In my case the red casing for the siren lights has some silver slop. The truck tires are purposely mismatched. Had to check online images to make sure. Most reviews I've seen have blacker tires in front silver on the back. So, if your truck has "mismatched tires" and not all silver like the prototype, that's not an error.
4.0


Accessories:
This one actually has accessories.
Title Belt
Ladder
2 plastic chains that can be plugged to the crane or wrecking ball.
This doesn't count the breakaway parts.


The Title Belt is an irrelevant accessory FOR MY INTERESTS. If you're buying it for strictly WWE usage, it's a cute bonus... plenty of figures already come with belts, but since the "wrecking ball" is for holding titles or money in the bank suitcases (not included)
4.0
Nefty-kun: Why do I have an urge to hire a maid and have sex with her and pump some iron?


Overall:
The WWE Wrekkin' Rampage Rig gets a 4.17 as its final score. The rig has customizing potential, but the tricky screws to disassemble it in order to prep it might be a bit of a pain. Folks with 3D Printers and 3D scanners could make custom parts like the grill. It won't be a "perfect match" for a NECA Terminator 2 display... a Movie Accurate one would require way too much customizing and far too difficult for beginners. It also could be repainted into a G2 Optimus Prime Alternate mode to work with GI Joe Classified series figures.





No comments:

Post a Comment