Dec 14, 2023

Adbentokarendā 14: Jigoku kara no shisha Supaidaman


 Apparently it's a Tokusatsu week... Made up mostly out of the American Version of Bakuryū Sentai Abarenjā and some American version of Zyuuranger... but we can't speak Tokusatsu without touching one of the weirdest things from the genre... Supaidaman... I know very little about this, since all I've seen have been random episodes WITHOUT subtitles and it was before I had any knowledge of Japanese. Spidey has a car an airship and a giant robot. When I found some random Clips out of context with subtitles, I learned about Japanese Spider-Man's cool catchphrase: I am the Emissary from hell, Spider-Man!


Articulation
This Spider-Man lacks butterfly shoulders, ball jointed torso and reverse ab crunch that the superior Renew your Vows Spidey has. This makes doing the Emissary from hell Spider-Man poses a bit harder. You can kinda get them, but it's too much of a hassle.
4.0


Paint and sculpt
The figure emulates the style of the '70s show pretty well my main issue is that the paint feels rather cheap. It scratched a bit off his abs when posing. Not to mention that the reds don't match on the figure. BUT the detailing is amazing... The spider bracelet even says Spider-Man... only noticed while taking pics.  
4.5
I'm The


Accessories 
Extra fists
2 web effects 
Emissary 


For the price of the figure we should've gotten a Takuya Yamashiro head for him. It's not a bad figure but I find it lacking in the accessories department. I'm not even asking for a webline, but the Takuya head would've been a nice extra... even if it makes no sense canonically.
3.0
from


Overall
The Emissary from hell, Spider-Man gets a 3.83 as his final score.  This figure costs about 3 ToyBiz era Legends figures and it feels like it has less value for my money than the ToyBiz era figure... (diorama pieces used far more plastic and paint than the amount used for all the accessories Hasbro put in) For that price, I'd expect a figure with enough articulation to rival ToyBiz's Spider-Man 2 Super poseable Spidey and enough accessories to compensate the lack of diorama. 
HELL!


But in all fairness, this figure is an oddity that the target audience is the super hardcore Spider-Man collector.
Spider-Man!!
I don't want to be that guy but maybe it might be cheaper just to 3D print a Spider Bracelet and put it on the renew your Vows Spider-Man  and pop the Amazing Fantasy head on him.
Or swap the RYW feet on the Amazing Fantasy body and call it a day.
I know he only shot web through the Spider Bracelet. I just wanted to show both web accessories in one photo.




No comments:

Post a Comment