Dec 3, 2023

Advent Calendar 03: Random Divas


 When I got sewer Surfer Mike, I needed to get some extras to reach the $39 threshold from Entertainment Earth to get free shipping. So I got some WWE basic figures, mostly because they were like $3 each. This made me go over the 39th threshold and reach the free shipping by a few cents without counting taxes and everything else. I do not know who these women are, I believe they were either victims off the massive layoffs that WWE had a while back (either the 2021 or 2022 layoffs) or they just moved on to rival companies... (not saying any names, but I'm talking about the Always Ever Whining about WWE Company...) 

Articulation:
The female Basic figures tend to have a bit more articulation than the male figures. I just wosh Male figures had similar articulation as the ladies in the crotch area... They're similar to the "Free Fodder figures" I got from my marginally associated to Kmart days
The articulation is somewhat limited. Picture MOTUC without Thigh swivel and zero ankle articulation. Once the knee pads are off, you gain some knee articulation, but the knees kinda feel like they'll break if looked at wrong.
3.5

Paint and sculpt:
THESE ARE SUPPOSEDLY MADE FROM SCANNING THE ACTUAL WRESTLER'S FACE... They just never look like the person being scanned. Now, here I'm confused... Athena (much better name than ember moon) KINDA looks like her but the face paint she has on kinda makes her look like a Domestic Violence Survivor. Her skin tone is slightly darker than her real life counterpart. The Torso, while great for customization, it looks really bad as is. The torso is sculpted to look as if she was wearing a full top that is a bit toght in the chest area creating what is known as an uniboob. The top she has painted on.
As you can see on this picture of the actual wrestler, she has 2 boobs that don't look like Tomb Raider 1's Lara Croft... I mean the PS1 era Lara...

Other than that, the fogure IS pretty great for a Basic figure that cost me barely $3. Now unto Candice... Here I need to squeeze some lemon and salt in my eyes and wash then off with a Margarita... before squinting to look at the figure... needless to say do not try this at home. Some claim they reused the previous Elite release of her... not sure, but I can't see the resemblance. It doesn't help that the skintone looks closer to Vickie Guerrero than it does Candice. Here the Uniboob outfit makes a lot of sense and doesn't look bad. Maybe it's a good thing she doesn't look like who she's supposed to look, since I'm customizing both figures to have additional background characters for a Theoretical channel 6 Display if Super7 ever gets to make Burne, Vernon, and Irma.
Guess I better rate them:
EM: 4.0
CLR:3.5

Accessories:
N/A





Overall:
I honestly don't know what's going on with Mattel basic female figures, because they used to be so much better than this. It seems like they're trying to cut Corners left and right, which is not good. I know these are for children, but just because they're for kids, doesn't mean they have to be crap.
Ember Moon: 3.75
Candice LeRae: 3.5 
Here's how they scale with a smaller 1:10 figure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment