Dec 11, 2023

Adbentokarendā 11: I forgot I had this...

 

I was able to recover some of the missing Billy photos for his review. Who is Billy Cranston? The OG Blue Ranger and basically the only one who wasn't replaced in the Mighty Morphin era of Power Rangers:
What do I mean?
Jason, Zack, and Trini were replaced by Rocky, Adam, and Aisha. Kimberly was replaced by Kat. Tommy changed colors and only Billy remained Blue until Zeo, where he was supposed to be Gold. But backstage issues made Billy a red herring. He was also supposed to be Zeltrax in Dino Thunder, but that was eluminated.

Articulation:
Here Billy is in the standard Mighty Morphin Body. My figure had no issues with his articulation and works as intended. 
5.0

Paint and sculpt:
The ranger body works pretty well, the paint work is really good, but I do have a tiny issue. The hair is slightly too dark for Billy. Other than that he's great! The "Remastered" more deluxe version fixes the hair color issue.
4.5
Stock photo showcasing accessories.


Accessories:
Alt. Billy head
Power Lance
Power Lance split for Power Blaster
Lighting effect
Alternate fists
Blaster
4.5
Alpha: Ay-yi-yi! I'M SHAKING WHAT ZORDON GAVE ME!
Zack: Yeah! Shake your groove thang, Alpha!
Tommy: Saba, no matter what I will always love you...
Saba: Bullshit! I saw you blowing that other dagger olenty of times! Why don't you blow me instead!?
Trini: Kim, are you aware that Tommy is going to suck his sword's sword?
Kimberly: That's hot! I wonder if it's barbed like a cat's...
Jason: Why is everyone acting so weird?
Billy: It appears as if their inhibitions have been blocked via stimulants.
Jason: I don't speak nerd, Billy. Explain it to me as if I was Bulk and Skull.
Zordon: They're Drunk as Hell and High as Fuck! I got some blue Zeo Crystal, wanna try some?
Jason: Drugs are bad, I will never do drugs!
Zordon: How about some wire fraud!
Jason: You son of a bitch, I'm in!



Overall:
Billy gets a 4.67 as his final score. The paint issues and seeing how Hasbro quickly went into double dipping by making a "better version" woth more extras and fixing the issues with this one kinda blows. If I had published this review in 2021 maybe it would've fared a smidge better.
Billy: Shouldn't it be better if the Super7 version was compared to you?
MOTUC Nefty-kun: WOULD you pay Super7 prices when Hasbro's are cheaper and better?
Billy: I see...


No comments:

Post a Comment