Dec 15, 2023

Advent Calendar 15: Get in mah Belly!

You're tearing me
apart, Lisa!

 I'm reviewing a Fat Bastard... specifically, Marvel's Fat Bastard, aka the Blob. His literal power is that he's so fat he has his own gravitational field. He's nearly unmovable... only super duper strong beings like Hulk or Juggernaut can move him. He can even deflect slashes from Adamantium claws. A concentrated optic blast can actually hurt him... or something.

Articulation 
Incredibly enough this figure has less articulation than the build a figure from 2007 or 2008. It lacks the hinged fingers, toe hinge, and bicep cuts, but it poses better than the older figure.
4.5
I didn't notice this until I uploaded the pic
but it looks like Blob is making a Fat Bastard impression... Now I ALMOST want to get Puck out of storage for that, but the opportunity came and went... I've already overused that joke.


Paint and sculpt
The sculpt on this Blob is completely different from the Series 2 BAF. Personally, I like it more, since it looks like Classic Blob and not a weird interpretation of the character. The flesh is in a more realistic color and the yellows aren't as bright.
4.5

Accessories 
Extra screaming head and alternate hands
4.5
Kingpin: I swear if he makes a fat joke,I'm going to kill him.
Doc Ock: It's him, of course the fat jokes are going to come...
Blob: I'm not even supposed to be here. I'm an X-Men villain...
Spidey *snickering*: Out of Political correctness, I won't fat shame you... that's why I brought, Mexican-American Comedian...
Blob: If it's George Lopez, I'm going to eat you...
Fluffy VO: Ey, Spidey! You're missing Big, Healthy, and Husky!
Spidey: Sorry, Fluffy, but there aren't many figures covering the rest of the levels...
Blob: I'm Fluffy!
Doc Ock: No. You are obviously in the Aw Hell Naw! category.
Fluffy VO: Actually, Mr. Dukes has unlocked the Seventh Level: That's not fat, that's a Space station!
Nefty VO: great now Social justice twitter is going to try and cancel me for fat shaming fictional characters AGAIN!


Overall 
Mr. Dukes gets a 4.5 as his final score. There isn't much that I can say about Blob. He could've used a few pair of hands and maybe an extra head. Maybe a sneering expression for Blob and symmetrical open hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment