Dec 4, 2023

Advent Calendar 04: A Jose Canseco Bat!? Wait I made this reference already! Goongala?


 T
hat has been used too. In any case, Casey Jones, Mirage version, which fills the Casey slot needed for Non-Movie NECAs (and SH Figuarts) TMNT. VIGILANTE, Sports enthusiast, out raphs Raph with his anger issues. Somehow manages to put his puck in April's endzone.

WARNING: IT'S A NECA BE CAREFUL WHEN POSING! MIGHT REQUIRE SOME HEAT TO PREPARE THE JOINTS.
Also, I found that sexy time lubricants can help unstick some of the joints. I used some KY Jelly to unstick the stiffer joints. Namely the barnell joint connectong to the thighs.
Leatherhead: Aw got me da' Yella' clad Newsgal!
Casey: Alright Scuzzbucket, We're gonna play Super Mario... You're King Koopa and I'm going to go Doo do doo do do do doo do doo on your ass


Articulation:
Casey has the standard Mirage NECA Articulation. His joints are on the stiffer side, but might get loose in the future. He is comparable to Shredder in that area.
4.0
Casey: So long eh Bowser?
Leatherhead: did you just call me gay Bowser?
Casey: No! I said: So long! As in goood bye. Then I said eh, because I forgot what I was calling you and quickly remembered that it's Bowser.


Paint and sculpt
The sculpt is a decent 3D representation of Mirage Casey Jones. There isn't much to talk about here because like I said it a 3D comic book Casey. That also means that his unmasked face is not exactly pretty. It has this early Mirage comics roughness that most people that haven't seen the old TMNT comics would think it's a bad sculpt. Mirage Casey wasn't the Dashing Elias Koteas or Stephen Amell. Mirage  Casey was fugly. Also, he is NOT Reusing the toon Casey body.
The paint is simple;no cel shading like the toon, but there are some line accents like most Mirage NECA TMNT figures since the original Turtles from 08.
5.0
Casey: OK, it's time to a rescue da Princess!
Leatherhead: I'll have mah revenge Ah Gwa ran tee!!


Accessories 
Here is where I'm disappointed. He HAS a decent number of accessories.
2 bats
Hockey stick
Golf club
Golf bag
Extra unmasked head
Removed mask
3 extra hands (1 golf club gripping hand, 2 normal gripping hands)

Personally he needed 2 more hands (relaxed open hands) and an additional unmasked head with a neutral expression. But that's just personal preference. By amount of accessories and importance to the character, I have to begrudgingly give him a
5.0
April: Thank you for saving me, Casey Jones!
Casey: Sure, no problem, babe!
April: How about you put on the mask while we do like they do on the discovery channel...
Casey: Are you saying I'm ugly?
April: No, but being taken by masked men turns me into a gusher...
Casey: You mean the candy, right?


Overall 
Mr. Jones has a final score of 4.67 and that's decent. He could've been a bit better with more accessories, but that wouldn't have changed hos score, since his articulation AT THE MOMENT is on the stiffer side where I don't want to risk breaking anything. I can now say that my MIRAGE/TOON Hybrid line has gotten all the core multiversal characters. Now I've to try and get a decent deal on toon characters that I want from the scalpers... 
April: *moans*
Casey: Nope... this isn't doing it for me. This whole masked sex thing feels wrong...
April: You won't do this tiny thing for me? I thought you were a real man, casey Jones!
Casey: Well, excuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!
April: Dick Legend of Zelda references? *moans* Oh, Casey Jones, you're driving me wild!! Can you wear this mask for me?
Casey: As long as it isn't Majora's or Loki's maybe...
April: Why you know so much about cartoons and videogames? You're supposed to be a dumb jock!?
Casey: I am, but I'm also a single dad...
April: *moans* Oh god, Casey stoop! 
Mike VO: Dammit, dammit, dammit! You stole my April... now I'm gonna make you my father in law...
Shadow Jones VO: First ew, that's like Joey dating DJ in Full House
Mike VO: Fine... got any friends who wanna ride a mean green pizza eating machine?
Shadow Jones VO: Helping my Least Creepy Uncle get laid with one of my friends? It wouldn't be the weirdest thing in this household...
Mike VO: CowafuckingBunga?
Shadow VO: Oh Uncle Mike...


No comments:

Post a Comment